MEGADETH's 'Countdown To Extinction: Live' CD: First-Week Sales Revealed

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
MEGADETH's "Countdown To Extinction: Live" CD sold around 3,600 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 119 on The Billboard 200 chart.In November and December of 2012, MEGADETH blazed hot on the band's "Countdown To Extinction 20th Anniversary Tour", ripping through their entire double platinum 1992 album from start to finish before performing other classics from their recorded catalog. Recorded and filmed at Los Angeles' Fox Theatre last December, "Countdown To Extinction: Live" is a definitive document of the acclaimed, sold-out tour. In addition to MEGADETH's blistering performance of the entire "Countdown To Extinction" album, including the essential "Symphony Of Destruction", "Foreclosure Of A Dream", "Sweating Bullets" and "Skin O' My Teeth", "Countdown to Extinction: Live" features all of the other MEGADETH classics the band performed at the epic concert, including "Holy Wars" and "Hangar 18" from 1990's "Rust In Peace", "Peace Sells" from the band's influential, platinum-certified 1986 album "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?", and "Trust" from 1997's platinum certified "Cryptic Writings". On September 24, "Countdown To Extinction: Live" was released on CD, DVD and Blu-ray via Capitol. "Countdown To Extinction: Live" track listing: 01. Intro 02. Architecture Of Aggression 03. Ashes In Your Mouth 04. Captive Honour 05. Countdown To Extinction 06. Foreclosure Of A Dream 07. Hangar 18 08. High Speed Dirt 09. Holy Wars 10. Peace Sells 11. Psychotron 12. Public Enemy 13. She Wolf 14. Skin O' My Teeth 15. Sweating Bullets 16. Symphony Of Destruction 17. This Was My Life 18. Trust 19. OutroA performance clip of the song "Countdown To Extinction" is available below.

megadethcountdownlive_600.jpg

More...