Megadeth's "Endgame" - entire album streaming today!

Just finished through it.

I am THOROUGHLY pleased. I have to admit I was expecting very little, but wow, this album is actually really good.

I love this new Megadeth album! Best thing since Youthanasia and Cryptic! It's very eclectic and incorporates a lot of different Deth styles that i've heard as they've evolved. One song sounds like it could be from So Far, while another sounds like it's from Cryptic, and another sounds like a horrible ballad from Risk. lol. But i like it! Great job andy! the production and mixing sounds killer! :kickass:

Production is killer of course, songs sound ok... a little boring for me, but I've never been a Megadeth fan.

(Listened 2 times through)

First impressions: Sound is good. Well thought out lead guitar sections. Good riffs, but the songs seem to lack hooks and memorable melodies (meaning: kinda boring). Kinda hard to pick out anything that stands out. Maybe after a couple more spins something will pop out.

Mix sounds much cooler than the last one! Good job Andy, I think you captured the essence of the band better this time.

Music as usual doesn't really do anything for me. Never been a huge Megadeth fan. But an exciting release all the same, and I'm very happy for Andy to have worked on it.

Mix is great, very fitting Megadeth guitar sound. I stopped listening to Megadeth after Rust due to some of the guitar melodies and vocal style (The softer Countdown style). I can hear a lot of the Countdown-style that I don't really care for. I was hoping for more of a "first-4 album" kind of vibe, with Vic (the real one) on the cover.

Megadeth fan here...listened 3 times through yet. First of all the production is awesome..(Andy, you are the best). I like the heavyness of the sound. Is it all Marshall JVM?

Perfection is a good word to describe the performance of all the musicians, this is technically perfect!

Is it possible, that this is the album has the most lead solos of all Metal records in the world? :lol: Holy shit! Maybe interesting for the guiness book of records.

After 3 times listened through, no strong hook claimed yet, but it´s an enjoyment listening to all these great musical details and the power of pure fucking metal!!

It grows...

The album sounds kinda sterile to me. I think the whole drum replacement thing in metal has gone too far, kinda ruining albums for me now.

The album sounds kinda sterile to me. I think the whole drum replacement thing in metal has gone too far, kinda ruining albums for me now.

do we have to start this topic from scratch again?
well..have your opinion and listen to something else I'd say...there are enough alternatives out there that'll please you if you don't like Andy's style.

I'm a HUGE Megadeth fan. I own all of their albums, and a few of them I have 3 or 4 copies of due to me wearing them out.

I think this album has lots of hooks -- in keeping with the style of Megadeth's traditional hooks. No it's not a catchy chorus like we're used to hearing from Scar Symmetry, Soilwork, sybreed, etc. ... but for being Megadeth, I think there's plenty of memorable moments on this new record. For example, "44 minutes" is so catchy. Other songs that are memorable for me are "Bodies", "Endgame", "How the story ends", and "The right to go insaine" (the riff in this song sounds like something i'd here from Killswitch imo. Anyone else think that? It's the chorus riff that starts around 1:02-1:03).

Also, do I hear Brodericks 7-string low notes being heard on "How the story ends" around the 1:23-1:24 mark? For some reason it sounds much lower than an E. Maybe he's playing the E on the 7th string? It just sounds like it has so much bottom-end. Maybe it's my ears playing tricks on me. :loco:

Overall, I'm very satisfied w/ this album. However, the first 1 1/2 minutes of "The Hardest Part of Letting Go...Sealed With a Kiss" annoy the shit out of me. Sounds like a B-side from their album RISK. lol. But I like how it redeems itself later in the song. I just can't stand Dave's snarling tone trying to sing melodic... "A Toute le monde" was even stretching it for me.