Meh! J-Rock?

invictusdominus

illegal pwnage
Sep 22, 2006
somewhere that sucks
Does anyone here listen to Japanese rock?

I was jsut wondering if there are any band suggestions.

Oh, yeah, I also wanted to say, I'M SEEING DIR EN GREY (live, lmao)!!!!!!
yay!

:danceboy:

I used to listen to Asian Kung-Fu Generation a couple years ago (lost it in the big harddrive crash of '05).
Don't know if they're representative of the genre or whatnot,
but it's kinda cool =]

I used to listen to Asian Kung-Fu Generation a couple years ago (lost it in the big harddrive crash of '05).
Don't know if they're representative of the genre or whatnot,
but it's kinda cool =]

Yea, they're quite nice and mellow. They're not part of the Visual-Kei music subgenre or anything. I used to be really into J-Rock, but the penchant has lessened as of late. I still listen to it, though.

Hmmm, the bands I like: L'Arc-en-Ciel, Asian King-Fu Generation, Pierrot... I don't know much of the newer stuff as I'm not really that into the genre.

not a big fan of music i cant understand that lyrics to...american bands included, if i cant understand what they are saying its pretty much lost on me

My best friend LOVES j rock so I can tell you some bands, but I don't like it so these bands are just a little help

Malice Mizer
Gazette
Metronome
Moi dix Mois

Hm I hope I have helped you :)

I love Malice Mizer, Moi dix Mois, Asian Kung Foo generation, and Gazette.

I'll check Metronome and the other suggestions.

Oh, does anyone listen to The Trax?
Not many people know about them because they sing in Japanese AND Korean.

Does anyone here listen to Japanese rock?

I was jsut wondering if there are any band suggestions.

Oh, yeah, I also wanted to say, I'M SEEING DIR EN GREY (live, lmao)!!!!!!
yay!

:danceboy:

I'm into Japanese music quite a bit! Here are a few recommendations:

Pop Rock:
GLAY
The Brilliant Green
B'z (pronounced "bees")

Rock inflused with electronica:
Boom Boom Satellites
T.M. Revolution (<---one of my absolute favorites!)

Metal:
EZO
X-Japan (sometimes just called "X" in Japan)
Earthshaker
Loudness

Visual Kei:
Malice Mizer (a staple in any collection)
Dir en Grey
Psycho le Cemu
D'espairsRay

Urban/Hip-Hop: (normally I hate this stuff, but these two are great!)
Utada Hikaru
Dragon Ash

Damn, I better stop there! I get into this too much! :lol: Enjoy!

Check out Coaltar of the Deepers, 9mm Parabellum Bullet, Bazra, Mo'Some Tonebender, Nil and MUCC. Not really j-rock at all, but good Japanese music.

Sex Machineguns (speed metal/power metal)
Moi dix mois
Malice Mizer
X-Japan

Four of the j-rock bands that I would recommend... X-Japan's Art of Life is a must if you would like to listen to them... Great arrangement.. 20 minutes long.. Intense lyrics.. It's just plain great... The other bands are good too... They all fall under 'visual kei', which is one of my favourite styles.. Close to 'glam metal' (fashion sense)..

Come on you're leaving out some really great bands.

Sex Machineguns
MUCC
Miyavi
Ayabie
Vidoll

Just to start you off.

Sex Machineguns (speed metal/power metal)
Moi dix mois
Malice Mizer
X-Japan

Four of the j-rock bands that I would recommend... X-Japan's Art of Life is a must if you would like to listen to them... Great arrangement.. 20 minutes long.. Intense lyrics.. It's just plain great... The other bands are good too... They all fall under 'visual kei', which is one of my favourite styles.. Close to 'glam metal' (fashion sense)..

Wow can't believe I missed that at first, oh well Sex Machineguns are amazing and you should check um out. And just a side note, even though they use speed metal-like guitar solos, they're generally considered heavy metal.