Melbourne Earthquake

lilhermiejobo

Mar 6, 2007
I was just wondering if any other Melbournians felt that earthquake tonight.
I've never experienced one before and so I had no clue what was going on for the first couple seconds.
It didn't even dawn on me until my wife said it sounded like I left the car stereo running.

Apparently the Epicenter was roughly 100km south-east of the CBD and it registered 4.7 on the richter scale. Pretty exciting stuff, thankfully no one has been reported hurt that I'm aware of.

I got told about this after I got home tonight... honestly I was watching the Cologne Philharmonic tonight at St Paul's and I didn't hear/feel a thing. It was quite serene in there all evening. Was definitely news to me! Hope everyone fared well.

Austrailia gets more dangerous everytime I hear about it.

You guys got it all.

We don't have tornados.

Don't get me wrong, we have a bunch of stuff that sucks, but I have to say your posts sound like you're just trying to feed your irrational paranoia with everything you can! I've lived here for 14 years and have yet to get bitten by a deadly spider, snake, shark, be shot, be mugged, get stabbed, get punched. If anything my worst enemy has been the weather.

We don't have tornados.

Don't get me wrong, we have a bunch of stuff that sucks, but I have to say your posts sound like you're just trying to feed your irrational paranoia with everything you can! I've lived here for 14 years and have yet to get bitten by a deadly spider, snake, shark, be shot, be mugged, get stabbed, get punched. If anything my worst enemy has been the weather.

I've only made like three posts I think about it and if you can't see through my sarasm I don't know what to tell ya haha.

In all seriousness I'd like to visit Austrailia, but you can't even deny that you guys have the craziest wildlife, and dangerous weather.

I'm all about perpetuating misleading info as fact. I THOUGHT YOU ALL KNEW THAT.
:Spin:

I dunno, when it comes to craziest wildlife, I think Alaska could give Oz a run for its money! Or any of the rainforests with bajillions of poisonous snakes and such

I dunno, when it comes to craziest wildlife, I think Alaska could give Oz a run for its money!

Seriously!

Grizzly bears up there are often reported reaching 12+ feet in height and could take out any predator I can think of with one strike of the paw.

Perspective:

bear+alsaka+too.bmp

bear+alaska.bmp

That's all fine and dandy but in OZ, you can get killed by something that is much much much smaller than you are. THAT's a lot scarier to me.

That's one huge fucking bear though.

Seriously!

Grizzly bears up there are often reported reaching 12+ feet in height and could take out any predator I can think of with one strike of the paw.

Perspective:

bear+alsaka+too.bmp

bear+alaska.bmp

Oh my fucking god, I can't believe those pics (especially the first) are even real, jesus! :OMG:

Oh my fucking god, I can't believe those pics (especially the first) are even real, jesus! :OMG:

I agree that photo is pretty frightening!

When I was doing forestry work in northern Alberta two years ago you would occasionally see grizzly scratch marks around ten feet up on the sides of the odd tree but I didn't see any bears first hand. It was enough to keep you looking over your shoulder all day though.

Id rather be killed by a huge fucking bear that rips me to shreds, then a fucking spider smaller then my pinky! ;D

You gotta love the internet. Progression is more than musical structure. Progression is life.

OP: "Anyone feel the earthquake last night?".

Re:
Id rather be killed by a huge fucking bear that rips me to shreds, then a fucking spider smaller then my pinky! ;D

HAhahaha, yeah, that occurred to me as well - well if anyone DID feel the earthquake who hasn't chimed in...that sucks, my sympathies! Now back to grizzly bears :D