Meliah Rage new album news.

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
The pioneering thrash metal band Meliah Rage is finishing the recording of its upcoming studio album 'The Deep And Dreamless Sleep,' scheduled for release by midyear on Screaming Ferret Wreckords.

Band leader/guitarist/songwriter Anthony Nichols, vocalist Paul Souza, guitarist Jim Koury, bass guitarist Jesse Johnson and returning original drummer Stuart Dowie are working on 'The Deep And Dreamless Sleep' at Danger Multitrack Studios in Providence, RI, and Sherwood Forest Studios in Bedford, MA.

"The record seems to have a darker tone to it than previous efforts," says Nichols.

Some of the new songs include "Permanently Damaged," "Twisted Wreck" and "Undefeated."

We were posting about the expected releases in 2006. Well so far some stuff is becoming to show and definitively Meliah Rage is for me.

NP: Grave Digger - 'Paradise'

I dont really get the whole Pioneering thrash thing, they released their debut Kill to Survive in 88. I really liked that album and their follow up wasnt bad either but I havent kept up with their post 2000 stuff, does anyone here have any feedback on it - I understand they have a new vocalist now and their 2004 Barely Human release met with some decent reviews. One thing I could never understand is why they released a live recording after their debut album?!

Priest of Evil said:
I dont really get the whole Pioneering thrash thing, they released their debut Kill to Survive in 88. I really liked that album and their follow up wasnt bad either but I havent kept up with their post 2000 stuff, does anyone here have any feedback on it - I understand they have a new vocalist now and their 2004 Barely Human release met with some decent reviews. One thing I could never understand is why they released a live recording after their debut album?!

it was probably because they were possibly having lineup problems and it delayed the work on the second album so they through out a live record to keep the name fresh ... or something like it hahaha .... Barely Human is Great! and from what I have heard is their best stuff! I saw them with Overkill earlier in the year and they were great!

Many bands commit the error of releasing a live album as their second opus, why it happens I don't know but plain stupid IMO even when it comes to line-up changes (especially vocalists).

"Barely Human" is an astounding album one of the best comebacks I've seen. I have all their albums and i'm very eager for the new one.

I'm agree that they didn't pioneer much but you have to remember that when it comes to promotion everyhting goes...like in politics.

NP: Platypus - 'Platt Opus'

Wyvern said:
Many bands commit the error of releasing a live album as their second opus, why it happens I don't know but plain stupid IMO even when it comes to line-up changes (especially vocalists).

"Barely Human" is an astounding album one of the best comebacks I've seen. I have all their albums and i'm very eager for the new one.

I'm agree that they didn't pioneer much but you have to remember that when it comes to promotion everyhting goes...like in politics.

NP: Platypus - 'Platt Opus'

Hmm, yes politics...:yell:

Your words on BH are very convincing Wyvern, I'll have to consider hunting this one down, a live kill if you will;)

Priest of Evil said:
Hmm, yes politics...:yell:

Your words on BH are very convincing Wyvern, I'll have to consider hunting this one down, a live kill if you will;)

If you like their old albums I'm sure you'll like BH too ;)

NP: Astral Doors - 'Ocean Of Sand'

JonnyD said:
Barely Human is one of those rare Gems that Wyvern and I both happen to like :D

Scary notion isn't it? :loco: I'm sure JD and I share a lot of bands only we never talk about them :lol:

NP: Freedom Call - 'Dancing With Tears In My Eyes'