Meliah Rage!

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
MELIAH RAGE PUTTING FINISHING TOUCHES ON NEW
SCREAMING FERRET WRECKORDS STUDIO ALBUM
'THE DEEP AND DREAMLESS SLEEP'

The pioneering thrash metal band Meliah Rage is finishing the recording of its upcoming studio album 'The Deep And Dreamless Sleep,' scheduled for release by midyear on Screaming Ferret Wreckords.

Band leader/guitarist/songwriter Anthony Nichols, vocalist Paul Souza, guitarist Jim Koury, bass guitarist Jesse Johnson and returning original drummer Stuart Dowie are working on 'The Deep And Dreamless Sleep' at Danger Multitrack Studios in Providence, RI, and Sherwood Forest Studios in Bedford, MA.

"The record seems to have a darker tone to it than previous efforts," says Nichols.

Some of the new songs include "Permanently Damaged," "Twisted Wreck" and "Undefeated."

"It's been a long time. It's great to be back with the band. We've been working on our new CD, which is very heavy so far!" says Dowie. "We have two local gigs scheduled so far -- March 26 at Jarrod's in Attleboro, MA, and April 16 in Providence, RI. After that, I'm looking forward to hitting the road with the band this summer. It's the return of the Rage. Heavy metal is alive and well. Meliah Rage 2005!"

"Barely Human" was one of my top 10 albums of 2004 and one of the best comebacks I have seen. These news are nothing but rejoice :headbang:

You know, I liked their first album so much back in the day, that I actually joined their fan club. This was sometime in the late 80s when I played Kill To Survive about a hundred times in the first six months I had it.

I never bothered with their later albums though...since I fell out of the thrash scene not long after it started. It's cool that folks like Wyvern are still listening to them though!

I got the Screaming Ferret Wrekcords version, but I'm sure that if it was distributed in Europe this next one will do to.