Melodic black metal

It sounds a bit too thin and not dirty enough in my opinion. Bringing the bass up would be a good idea and maybe distorting the bass quite a bit so that things get a little less 'nice' sounding. I think the snare doesn't sound too good and is too high up in the mix, but that could be a matter of taste, I would however try to get it a little beefier sounding and push it back a little.

I have trouble raising the bass because it causes clipping with the heavy guitars, even after I really scooped out the low on the heavy guitars to make a spot for the bass to slide in through the frequencies... It's direct input bass and I've played with it a lot trying to get it to sound right... I could definitely try using some level of distortion on it. For the most part I'd say I am having the most trouble figuring out how to manage the bass mixing and stuff. :(

Any help or tips on this would be great....

I had a parametric equalizer and two Blockfish plugins on the bass to compress it really hard, because I wanted a really solid tone... But I guess I couldn't figure out how to properly equalize it, or perhaps I need some kind of plugin that changes the tone... I need to figure it out. :)

The song is interesting, kind of mesmorising !
The production seems quite OK, I dont think you need to add more high end though.
Its a shame you cant raise the level on the bass just a little.

Ok, well I re-EQ'ed the kick, guitars, and bass among other things and I ended up with a much clearer high end but also a really overwhelming low end that I didn't realize was so strong until I played it on the stereo. I just thought the bass was a better volume when I played it upstairs but down here on the stereo, the low end and bass sounds really hard to make out... It's sort of just like rumbling without clarity on the bass. I plopped AmpliTube Live on there for the bass and I thought it sounded good at the time, also put on Blockfish and a parametric equalizer.

I don't know why it sounds so unclear now... There's a lot more low end on the heavy guitars too but I was thinking they sat together well. I need to figure out how to get the bass guitar sounding right again because, I mean, it doesn't sound BAD like this but I'd rather have it be really clear so you can understand what the bass is doing. o_O

Nice tune and pretty awesome production. Try a slighlty higher mid hump on the bass to get out the notes, it fits well but not super clear. Sorry but i don't like the snare sample - too thin. The kick fits in imo. What are you using for the guitars? I like the synthish sorta sound just before the lead part with the blasting snare.

The guitar is a Schecter C-1 Classic plugged into a Peavey 6505+ with a B-52 cab.. I forgot but I think it is a at-412 or something.
The chain at this point includes two parametric equalizers, multi-band compressor to handle the palm-muted parts which were too strong... which I put on the heavy guitar bus which covers all rhythms and solos and such. There's probably more on that effects chain but I don't remember right now. That's the main stuff though.