Melodic death metal mix

shreds

Apr 25, 2010
www.deepnoisestudios.com
Hi! I made a promo release for my band and now I want to share some tones with you guys. This song is maybe not the best mix of the project, but it's most versatile of all songs, I think. Link:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6337875/Leak_master17052010.wav

Some info about gear I used (all that I remember):

Guitars: Custom Shop Jackson and EPS. (active electronics)
Amp: Transistor amp (don't remember wich one), Rocktron HUSH
Cab: Some basic 4x12 cab (V30)
Guitar cab was miked with two 57's and bass cab with one.

I don't remeber anything about the bass gear but I took Direct signal and cab with distortion.

Vocals recorded with Rode K2 through SPL GoldMike. (You like it or not :lol:)

With drums I used Audix D6 with bd and all kind of Audio Technica with the rest. (Suprise, I don't remember what was the drumkit we used..)

Keyboards: Korg Trinity Pro and Korg Micro X.

The song is mastered by a local guru, Teemu Kinnunen and it's performed by Hypothesis. (FIN)

Okay. So, all comments are welcome. :headbang:

I like it!
Only thing I don't like is that bell/piano kind of keyboard sound.
From my experience it's best not to do much processing with bell sounds, since they really need alot of the whole frequency range to sound good.

I like it!
Only thing I don't like is that bell/piano kind of keyboard sound.
From my experience it's best not to do much processing with bell sounds, since they really need alot of the whole frequency range to sound good.

Thanks man! :) Do you mean that piano lead witch plays melodies with lead guitars in chorus? That sound was a mistake. It sounded really nice pianopad when recording, but it turned so hollow in the mix.

I forgot to mention that guitar pre-amp is COB type custom Lead Jackson.