MEMOIRA FEATURED ON THIS WEEKS SHOPP!

MEGALOUD

The Nightmare Has Begun..
This week’s highlight is Finland’s own MEMOIRA, they’re a young but talented melodic metal band fronted by the melancholic female vocals of Jemina Pitkälä. This band brings melodic, power and orchestral parts into their music, creating a dark and wonderful soundscape of heavy guitar and brooding beauty to your ears.

Their new self titled album is being released in North America on Nightmare Records August 19th, Soon afterwords, to Europe, but deals are not finalized, as soon as they are, we’ll let you know what is going on with those (should be this week)!

Nightmare Records brings you the:
SUNDAY HOUR OF PROGRESSIVE POWER (on www.MetalExpressRadio.com)

PLAYLIST -AUG. 10th
1. The Turn 4:56 Scelerata Skeletons Domination
2. Falling 4:41 Fountain Of Tears Fate Rock
3. Manipulation In Time 8:44 Suspyre A Great Divide
4. How Far We Fall 4:40 Meyvn Splintered Skies
5. Show No Remorse 4:31 Order of Nine A Means to Know End
6. Lost & Forsaken 5:06 Avian Ashes And Madness
7. Destiny Of Yours 5:00 Memoira Memoira
8. Half Alive 4:15 Memoira Memoira
9. Haunted 4:27 Memoira Memoira
10.Liberation 4:56 Memoira Memoira

For more info on this band, go to their website
www.memoira.net
www.myspace.com/memoira

I've listened to the two songs up on the mySpace page. I am actually surprised that these guys don't have the traditional Finnish power metal sound to them! Guitars are definitely deeper, and the keys are more of an atmospheric support element, rather than right out front.

How much of the material features the male singer? His voice is solid, but not great. The female vocals are very solid, though, and more than compensate.

Very, very Lacuna Coil-esque, with a slightly darker sound to it. Definitely something to pick up, I think!

Yes, her voice is very good, the guys voice is only on one song, she is the front of the band, I'm not sure why they have that track on their myspace to be honest, it's not representative of their overall sound that much.

The band has a very Lacuna Coil Evanescence type thing going, I really like her sense of melody, it's dark and haunting yet something innocent about it.