Memphis May Fire - The Hollow

Yeah defintely no clipping on the next record especially since it's going to be our best and heaviest yet. Not really any "southern" riffs no lol, no one really cares anymore. I've learned that as long as it's good music people don't care what genre/style it is.

I don't know man, everywhere I look, seems people miss that "southern" feel. That's the problem with bands. They don't care what they play, as long as it sounds good and tickles little fanboys buttholes, who don't know what good music is, as long as they can "break face" to it -_-.

The band should play what they know sounds good. You guys have serious chops. Deff show that shit off. But not to say I don't like The Hollow. Seriously, you guys are one of the few bands left who are good. So wherever you guys go musically, I'm sure it will be killer.

If you think that's what people are saying then you obviously haven't been looking on all the social media sites lol. I write every single note and will write whatever I feel like honestly (not to be rude haha). There are no "southern rock" bands these days because there is no real support or market for it, not to mention there is only so much you can do with it. It's just funny when people bring it up like I don't know what I want to write and what's best for my future.

I never said that haha. Of course you know what you are writing. I was saying, in reference to what you were saying, "we play whatever is good", that most bands don't care. Thats why I said you guys are one of the few bands who are good. I wasn't talking about yours. And the whole Southern thing was just something I liked, but if you don't write it, I won't get butthurt about it. You guys are still one of my more favorite bands.

PS I never read about people liking the Southern riffs, my friends and people I talk to loved it. I should have said that rather saying "look"

I'm just gonna put it out there that I can't listen to this album because of the mix. I don't mind the music and writing and whatnot (even though I much preferred the first album in every way, the mix on that record kicked ass), but every time I go to give it another shot, I bail within about 40 seconds. It's like, I understand what Cameron is going for but he goes extreme and overkills. I understand he wants a punchy snare with thump, but to THAT extent? Tight lowend, sure, but there's so much that it's cloudy and farty at times. Personally I just find it kinda amateur sounding, but judging from most people's responses I'm wrong :lol:

I'm just gonna put it out there that I can't listen to this album because of the mix. I don't mind the music and writing and whatnot (even though I much preferred the first album in every way, the mix on that record kicked ass), but every time I go to give it another shot, I bail within about 40 seconds. It's like, I understand what Cameron is going for but he goes extreme and overkills. I understand he wants a punchy snare with thump, but to THAT extent? Tight lowend, sure, but there's so much that it's cloudy and farty at times. Personally I just find it kinda amateur sounding, but judging from most people's responses I'm wrong :lol:

yeah, I was the same way, I bought it on itunes, listened to the first song, heard it clipping and turned to something else immediately. I pushed back listening to the album for months, basically October was the first time I tolerated it and went through the entire thing.