Memphis May Fire - Vices

JustinShreds

intuit Studios
Apr 21, 2012
San Diego, CA
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I8cVlZDOT4&feature=plcp[/ame]

In my opinion, the production of this album sounds ridiculously good.
It's super catchy, too. There's a huge difference from the days when Cam did Woe's first album. Guitar and bass tone is top notch. His drum samples are starting to grow on me, and the vocals are so crisp and clean.

What are your guys' thoughts?

He said this album would have 100% live drums. These aren't live.

Where did he say that?
He might've blended his samples with live drums?
I know that when my band recorded at Lambesis Studios, we miked everything and then Castleman blended some samples (Sneap Snare and such) with the live drums to give it that realism.
But still, you can really only hear the Chango samples in this.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVNkuVWZDRM&feature=g-vrec[/ame]

He's got real mikes on the drums. I know you can still just beat replace the transients, but that could support the blend theory.

not only is that not 100% live... those drums are 100% programmed.

the audio of this track is way off and there are tons of noted changed from the initial drum hit.

Yeah I'm quite excited for this album to drop.
Didn't notice the cymbals thing till somebody said something though.

not only is that not 100% live... those drums are 100% programmed.

the audio of this track is way off and there are tons of noted changed from the initial drum hit.

They most likely filmed him playing the drums, but he wasn't tracking at that time. Guaranteed those are the drums from the tracks that have already been quantized and mixed/eq'd to some degree.

Kellen form "Memphis May Fire' had a lot to o with the mixing, thats why it sounds different to Camerons stuff. Cam even said that he is learning new things from Kellen!

That's sick. I didn't know Kellen did that. I think this is the best sounding album to come out of Chango Studios. The guitar tone on Woe's TGIF cover was a little different, but the production was good.

That's sick. I didn't know Kellen did that. I think this is the best sounding album to come out of Chango Studios. The guitar tone on Woe's TGIF cover was a little different, but the production was good.

Yeah man, Kellen is often on the Chango studios facebook page. This album was all Lecto into Ryans s-prehigh impulse.

When you gonna send me that tone bud? ;)

Where did he say that?
He might've blended his samples with live drums?
I know that when my band recorded at Lambesis Studios, we miked everything and then Castleman blended some samples (Sneap Snare and such) with the live drums to give it that realism.
But still, you can really only hear the Chango samples in this.

Cameron has said in his facebook blog group that, new Memphis ablum he recording live drums and blend it with SSD samples and after that he blend it with another samples again. Double samples

I thought it was kind of silly when oroinvictus said there was no overheads, but then i listened to the song and realized there are genuinely barely any OH's. i wish they would just bump them up, id be a huge fan then.