Playing around with some more tones - Memphis May Fire

anemicstudios

New Metal Member
Mar 6, 2012
Hey guys. Had a day off in the studio today and felt like playing around with some more tones.

Only just discovered Memphis May Fire a few weeks back and love this band for what they do. The playing is not super spot on but close enough. It's just for fun. I swear this band is using a wah pedal and using it as some kind of filter to get their sound though.

Can't quite figure it out. None the less I think this tone sounds pretty killer.

Let me know what you guys think and for anyone that likes it I can make an impulse for ya. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man. Not the biggest fan of Chango's stuff either although I think he is awesome at vocal production. Similar to John Feldman.

Not even the biggest fan of this genre but really like this band for some reason. I like how they are tuned quite high and still sound big where most other bands in this genre tune down really low.

I have been match eq'ing my amp heads this week in case I ever loose one so I can save the sounds so for this track I used my Bogner Twin Jet impulse I made and using Lepou Lecto for just the gain. The settings on Lecto are all left alone as they would be when you fire it up.

Hope that makes sense. I'm also using my TS9 pedal treating it just as I would with my head.

If you or anybody else wants this impulse let me know. :)

Here is the impulse I made for this track. You have to use a TS9 pedal in the chain before the amp sim to have it sound right.
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/VictimImpulse.wav?w=73927d25

Here is the same impulse again but made using the TS9 pedal already in the chain in case you don't have one. You still might have to adjust the gain on the amp.
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/VictimImpulse_REC_WITH_TS.wav?w=697e1a77

Not sure how much different it will sound with your own pre amps etc but hopefully it will sound ok.

On lector just make sure your set on Orange and your using Modern Gain. Leave everything else alone. Unless you need more gain.

I use my TS9 pedal in the chain so without it it will sound different. Cymbals I made samples out of here at Anemic Studios. Both Meinl's as well as the hats. No processing other than a hi pass and a slight boost at around 16k. :)

drum mix in awesome for me :) what do you use for mixing (plugins on separate channel, bus group and mastering)?
sorry for my english :D

Hi guys,

apologies for not replying on here sooner. Been very busy. I have uploaded the impulse again into my dropbox account. Here is the new download link. https://www.dropbox.com/s/20ok0fwkm47z1k1/Victim Original.wav

You will need to run a TS9 Pedal in your chain to help nail the tone. Drive Off - Tone Middle - Level Full
I also find that on the old album "The Hollow" they like to use narrow q boost at 800 to get this crunch mid range thing going on so I like to use a boss bass pedal for this.

That's it have fun. Also when I made this impulse and recorded this track it was with a Schecter Diamond Series :)

Hi! Can you put a guitar DI track and the same track but with distortion as the song with the same sound?