Memphis, TN

The Man

Franks and beans!
Feb 4, 2002
Gautier, MS
bigfatcatharsis.150m.com
holy crap! they are finally coming somewhere relatively close to me and with enough notice i can get time off. plus my wife and i have a close friend that lives in memphis so we have a free place to sleep. anyone else thinking about attending this show?

also, has the band been doing meet and greets after every show? the prospect of finally meeting the guys i have listened to for the last 14 years is awesome.

yes they do have a meet & greet but i think you have to buy the new cd but i m sure you will be able to meet them even if you dont buy it. just hang around. my wife got sick during the show so i didnt get to meet them or see the show so i was really bumming. so they wont come back for another 5 yrs. or so cause thats how my luck goes

I bought the CD at the show for like 12 bucks ( I already have the Euro Digipack and then bought the release when it came out stateside) so this was the THIRD time I bought the CD. I bought it to meet all of the guys who have been the background music for the majority of my life. Anthrax and Armored Saint. $12-$15 a small price to pay. I was talking to a young kid, like 17 at the Orlando show and asked him if he had the new CD "WCFYA" and he said no. I handed him the CD that gave me the pass to the Meet and Greet and told him that if I gave this to him, he would have to make sure all of his friends heard it as well.

Anthrax Show at the House of Blues - $20.00

Charlie Benante Drum Head - $12.00

WCFYA and Meet and Greet pass - $15.00

Shaking the hand of the man who played "Nobody Knows Anything" - FUCKING PRICELESS

i've got another questoin then. i know the issue of cameras at shows is usually up to the venue, but what about the meet and greet? can you take cameras into it? i'm guessing probably so, but i figured i'd ask anyway.

I live outside of Memphis, and have been to many shows at the New Daisy. They search you on the way in, but will not take cameras. I just saw the Rise Of Brutality tour there, and there were people there with cameras. If you want to meet the band, go to the back of the venue. There is no real "back stage" area, so they have to go from the stage to their bus. They will come out eventually and meet everyone. I've seen many bands there, Megadeth, SOD, Slayer, Anthrax, Testament, DRI, Hatebreed, and have met them all like this.