Votes: 14 14.1%
  • Sell it.

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters

Ozzloaf

Art Geek
Jun 14, 2008
Hey,
I got a new Sumi-E brush from China Town and I really wanted to just do... something with it. I wanted to draw a portrait so I decided who better to ink than one of my favorite musicians and possibly the greatest inspiration for me to start playing bass - Martin Mendez.
It's black ink (Games Workshop... lol), and very diluted white paint (Windsor and Newton). All of the textures are hand made/painted, they're not photo over lays. The scan really makes it look bad, it's much better IRL.

MendezPortrait.jpg

I hope you like it!
Jake

no, it's not missing, on the photo or the drawing. It's the light shining on his face and the amount of contrast/brightness they adjusted the photo to. The reflection on the eyebrow is the same value as the rest of his face so it's basically non-visible in a grayscale image.

I didn't forget to draw his eyebrow though...

edit: fuck it. I blocked Vuashke for a very good reason. I'll keep it that way.

i also like the trees in the background, and his mouth scar

you should send it in, on the GR video there was a segment of mendez holding up a drawn picture of mike screaming/singing, and it was pretty shit. so your drawing will be a welcome change.

oh fine then

If Bassplayer sees this, he's probably going to think you're a stalker or some shit.

Other than that, cool drawing.

But srsly, stalker.