MERCENARY: New Album Details Revealed; Bassist Announced

longshot9

Feb 11, 2002
Murrieta, CA
Denmark's MERCENARY have wrapped up recording and mixing their new album, "The Hours That Remain", with producer Jacob Hansen (RAUNCHY, COMMUNIC, MAROON, HATESPHERE), who had previously worked with the group on their "11 Dreams" offering.

Commented the group: "We made what we feel is the most powerful album in the band's history. Both the writing and the recording processes have really made us a stronger band as we faced quite a few challenges along the way. We can't wait for people to check out the new stuff, and look forward to playing it all live."

Packaged with beautiful artwork by Travis Smith (DEATH, NEVERMORE, OPETH, etc.), "The Hours That Remain" will feature the following track listing (in no particular order):

01. Redefine Me
02. Year Of The Plague
03. My World Is Ending
04. This Eternal Instant
05. Lost Reality
06. Soul Decision
07. Simplicity Demand
08. Obscure Indiscretion
09. My Secret Window
10. The Hours That Remain

"The Hours That Remain" is scheduled for release on August 21 via Century Media Records.

In other news, MERCENARY have announced the addition of bass player René Pedersen to the group's ranks. "We are confident that René fits the bill perfectly, both as a musician and as a person," the band write. "We have been rehearsing with him through the last month, and he is really kicking ass!"

Upcoming MERCENARY lshows:

Jun. 02 - Gelsenkirchen, GER - Rock Hard Festival
Jun. 09 - Glauchau, GER - Alte Spinnerei (w/ KING DIAMOND)
Jun. 10 - Hellendoorn, NETH - De Lantaarn (w/ KING DIAMOND)
Jun. 11 - Tilburg, NETH - O13 (w/ KING DIAMOND)
Jun. 12 - London, UK - Electric Ballroom (w/ KING DIAMOND)
Sep. 15 - Atlanta, GA - ProgPower Festival
Sep. 30 - Baarlo, NETH - JC Sjiwa / ProgPower Festival

:headbang:

I posted this in the "Kral leaves Mercenary" thread, since it does mention the bassist replacement among other things. I thought it didn't qualify for a seperate thread, but I guess I'm wrong :)

Not necessarily wrong Blindpanzer, I just never saw the Kral thread you posted it in. If I had of, I wouldn't have posted it. IMO, any news relating to PP bands that are playing this year deserves a thread of it's own.

I guess. Good call :) Thew new bassist was the singer for his old band so at least we know he is capable of back-up singing for (growling?) for Mercenary.

I'm not sure what band he was in previously. Something to find out for sure.

On a different note, Mikkel and Morten stopped by the PPUSA chat room yesterday and said that he is doing the vocals Kral did and is doing them equally as well, they said if anything he sounds better!! Also said he is a BEAST on stage. Can't friggin wait.

René Pedersen was the singer for a band called Transparent. They have only taken out a 5 song demo, in which René handled the vocals. They have song samples in the Transparent website: http://www.transparent-metal.com/

newline_rene.jpg

He uses a schecter omen 5 diamond Series bass and likes long walks on the beach....