Mercury Music award winner...

I really...REALLY dislike the arctic monkeys along with we are scientists, the kooks and the new razorlight song.
One thing that i really enjoy lately though is 'The Black Keys' newest album (i think its newest). The guitar player has a real good touch.

Exactly.

The Arctic Monkey's are pretty average but ok, to be honest their singers voice now annoys the tits off me, probably because they got so over played. Other than that I don't mind them but know way in hell do they deserve this prize over muse.

affinityband said:
I really...REALLY dislike the arctic monkeys along with we are scientists, the kooks and the new razorlight song.
One thing that i really enjoy lately though is 'The Black Keys' newest album (i think its newest). The guitar player has a real good touch.

oh man i fucken hate the kooks

boring, boring, boring, boring

i know a mate who say the black keys at a pub in cambridge, apparently he played like hendrix....

Just heard these Kooks the other day.....impression was that while its basically bubblegum music, the singer has a lot of charisma and feel and reminded me (a LOT) of Daz from Supergrass. They could be something someday.

affinityband said:
Eh..not really, i can sorta hear why he'd think that. Baisiclly he just finger picks with overdrive, but you can hear he is quite unique.

i meant that he was v innovative and spontaneous like the 'drix...well according to my bud anyway

Talking Meat said:
Just heard these Kooks the other day.....impression was that while its basically bubblegum music, the singer has a lot of charisma and feel and reminded me (a LOT) of Daz from Supergrass. They could be something someday.

the singer is exactly why i hate them

boring

That's 2 years in a row I've predicted the Mercury Music Prize winner incorrectly damnit!!! (I used to always be spot on with my predictions).

I was convinced Guillemots were going to get it. There was no chance in France that Muse, Yorke, Editors or Sway were going to get it.

Arctics aren't the best on the list, but their album DID have the biggest cultural impact by a LONG shot. So I guess it's fair enough...