Tabs and lyrics illegal?!

I think this is really sad, it will discourage so many people from taking up guitar in the first place. my understanding of the issue was always that transcriptions were an interpretation, so it was difficult to take any legal action...its just a real shame

The RIAA's idea of fighting piracy:

Step 1. Purchase gun
Step 2. Load gun
Step 3. Aim gun at foot.
Step 4. Shoot
(dramatic pause)
Step 5. Whine when it hurts

Morons, absolute morons. Let's fight the people who buy our product, yay for greed!! I'm kind of glad now that I didn't put lyrics on librarius metallicus, but now I'm wondering if they won't sue us for having cover art on there. Never mind the fact that people use the site to discover new bands, and at their discretion, purchase releases from said bands.

Hehe, this is hilarious. Well, we can see people like Ron Jarzombek that puts tabs of his songs for free on the web and these guys are trying to limit it. Well,
they are just trying to suck a little more blood from a huge source of money: music fans. These guys are smart because they use the internet to gain a few more dollars out of people like us. I don't really care, as I don't bother to learn music from the artists they represent.

Jimb, I can imagine a day they will try to charge web sites a few dollars to allow guys like you to write reviews or interviews. Man, if we think well, they can charge anything. What's annoying is idiots that now know what computers are and found a new niche to steal us a little more.