No more tabs

i do think its ridiculous they are going after tab sites, and lyrics too........ was the sheet music trade really worth that many pennies?? tight asses

anyhoo like it says above, might just have to do abit more looking around, but as one shuts down another opens up.........twill be fine

i dont bother with it but there is a cool program called guitar pro,all u do is go to mysongbook.com and save the midi(tab files? and open them up in guitar pro.

mrthrax said:
i dont bother with it but there is a cool program called guitar pro,all u do is go to mysongbook.com and save the midi(tab files? and open them up in guitar pro.

power tabs was like that but they shut it down(sigh) ok i guess i have moved on

i couldnt be bothered sitting down and leaning other bands songs,not good for my playing but when i pick up the guitar i just play riffs that i make up and try and improve on them,i also fuck around with basic blues scale and triplet patterns,work for me lol.

This is kind of a waste of time. Does anyone really think they are gonna save money by doing this? They will spend more money shutting this shit down then they will save.

^^^ exactly... stupid money hungry bastards, if they would just stop being so goddamn greedy and lower prices for tab books, CDs, hell even DVDs then people would be less inclined to piracy and they would sell more. A CD shouldn't cost more than $8 as far as I'm concerned. And at least 50% should go to the artist, instead of the 5% or whatever they're getting now...

$4 => artist
$2 => manufacturing
$1.50 => shipping / distributing (bulk is cheap)
$0.50 => music industry fuckers
--------------------
$8 total

Whatever they do, they're not going to shut down every tab site on the internet, and even if they do, new ways of getting tabs (and music) will emerge, just like the napster crap.
For the record, I AM against piracy etc. My entire music collection is 99% store bought and online bought CDs, but these music industry fuckers can kiss my ass.

Tabs are not piracy in any way though. They are usualy wrong in the first place. All the tabs I have seen clearly state at the top who wrote the song. Seriously, if they are so cheap, they should just let it go, they will save money that way. God Bless America.