FUCKS SAKE! (Copyright protection gone too far.)

-Gavin-

Gavornator
Jul 21, 2003
Oulu, Finland
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4508158.stm

"Unauthorised use of lyrics and tablature deprives the songwriter of the ability to make a living, and is no different than stealing," he said.

How the FUCK? They have to make the fucking song before someone can tab it or post it's lyrics... so it hinders nothing..

And unless they use the same riff or lyrics in every song.. it doesn't hurt future song writing.

Fucks sake..... This shit just pisses me off now.

-Gavin- said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4508158.stm

"Unauthorised use of lyrics and tablature deprives the songwriter of the ability to make a living, and is no different than stealing," he said.

How the FUCK? They have to make the fucking song before someone can tab it or post it's lyrics... so it hinders nothing..

And unless they use the same riff or lyrics in every song.. it doesn't hurt future song writing.

Fucks sake..... This shit just pisses me off now.

They arent serious are they?

Yeah, i've seen that in HCAF...
It's ridiculous, they'll have to get more lawyers than what they can pay to win that.
They'll lose.

so it basically says that websites cant have tab or lyrics on their websites? that is retarded. what about those cds that dont have lyrics in the booklet?

yea wat can they do? shutdown everywebsite? since when do they rule the internet? no country owns the internet

The Soulforged said:
so it basically says that websites cant have tab or lyrics on their websites? that is retarded. what about those cds that dont have lyrics in the booklet?

yea wat can they do? shutdown everywebsite? since when do they rule the internet? no country owns the internet
That's my point. They can't afford enough lawyers

Mr Keiser said he did not just want to shut websites and impose fines, saying if authorities can "throw in some jail time I think we'll be a little more effective".

*laughs*

what the hell.

what gets me here is that when sombody tabs music it is therefor a unoffical somewhat " Boot leg " of what they made, there for you can not tell a website to remove that infomation,

also most music will go down the shitter in this case, i will give you some classic points in this, we have all heared of yngwie, for example if he had no tab on the internet he would not be anywere near the status he is today, for example i have looked at the tab and i have forght man this guy can play, i will buy his CD.

all what is the differnt between unofficial tab and lets say a unoffical playstation mag. one can give infomation and one can spread pure lies.

Man copywrites can realy piss me off grrrrrr

Ignore the spelling just come back form pub ^^ :p

"Unauthorised use of lyrics and tablature deprives the songwriter of the ability to make a living, and is no different than stealing,"

Yeah! Why buy the cd when you can look at the tablature and learn how to play it yourself! :loco: