Mercyful Fate Cover (What you guys think?)

Great work. Just make the bass drum less clicky and you've got it. "No vocals, sorry" No worries, no one expects you to imitate King's virtuosic falsetto insanity.

Great work. Just make the bass drum less clicky and you've got it. "No vocals, sorry" No worries, no one expects you to imitate King's virtuosic falsetto insanity.
Haha, i really wanted to try it, but i feelt embarassed trying too "scream out loud" when my neighbours could hear it, hahaha! Thanks, about the click. I guess it's just a taste thing. I like clicky kicks, but i will make it less clicky next time! Thanks :D

It's okay to like clicky kicks, but if you're going for a more genuine, authentic representation of Fate's or King's sound? It doesn't sound that great. Hey, if you can pull of that level of vocals, I say go for it, it's no small feat.

Dude! I love this song. Great job on the mix. The Curse Of The Pharoahs can be so deadly! :headbang::kickass:

@akarawd
Thanks, i used an Ibanez rg1570 into my m-audio delta 66 interface. That went into Amplitube 4 and the amazing ENGL Fireball sim. That is the heaviest ampsim i've ever heard. Combined with the right impulses of course :). About the lead sound tho it might come as a surprise. It's actually freeware Lepou's Lecto with a ts 808 boost for some parts of the solos, where the solo needed more "cut". Sure, i can share the raws. Don't know where tho, any idea? Files would be kinda big, i guess you mean the Guitar DI's? Or the whole mix? I guess i can do it all, just need a place to put it :)
@Teacher Thanks mate! It totally is! :headbang:

I think i did, but i did a mistake it seems, so nothing was in the midi file! Sorry. Here comes! Note. There's "main drums" and "xtra drums", i splitted the midi cause i used different hi-hats i think it was, mostly it was Superior Drummer tho! So import both separate and then just paste the xtra drums into the main drums midichannel, and it should work.
My god the drums sounds so sloppy by themselfs. You know i programmed the drums after the guitar riffing for more authentic "drummer feeling", so it was living hell, will never do that again, everything is off-grid! All over the place!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5ygsyxg0h1gdrc/Curse Midi Drums And Bass.mid?dl=0

Edit: saw your profile's KD and MF raws, you could add the multitrack to it, if you want.

Last edited:
138bpm, but like i've said it's "out of sync" cause everything is programmed offgrid after the guitar riff instead of the otherway around for a attempt to make the mix sound more real and not so "drumprogrammed and fake" kinda, so likely the tempo is varied but in the daw it's set to 138bpm.
I see you have kemper could you reamp the rhythm guitars so i can hear how it would sound with the kemper? :)

138bpm, but like i've said it's "out of sync" cause everything is programmed offgrid after the guitar riff instead of the otherway around for a attempt to make the mix sound more real and not so "drumprogrammed and fake" kinda, so likely the tempo is varied but in the daw it's set to 138bpm.
I see you have kemper could you reamp the rhythm guitars so i can hear how it would sound with the kemper? :)

The 138bpm works out ok, cheers.

I'd already reamped the guitars but there is an issue with the DIs... there's an inherent distortion during palm mutes. It's a shame.

Last edited:
Hmm, i've listened to the DI's now, it's probably all my cut & pasting, shouldn't that be able to fix just with simple crossfades?! It's strange cause that's not an issue with amplitube 4 or any other ampsims i've tried anyways, or is it something else? when is it happening?
Hmm, i think i know what you mean now, but i've heard DI's that sound that "distorted" and they were okay, it's not clipping. So i hit the strings too hard or what!?
Could you please post anyway so i can hear how they sound? Would be awesome.

Edit: Going into the project, i'm trying to mixdown again. Maybe even if i used the countryman di somehow i clipped the convertors in the audio interface anyway, but it ends up looking "okay" in the daw, when it's not.

Last edited:
Try use O-zone De-clipper if you have it. That might do the trick, or else we are fucked. Seems like that's the way the guitars "sound", just checked the project again.
Not clipping inside the daw obviously, :/