MESHUGGAH 2016 release (Tue Madsen)

lol I like how the only riff in the video is the one Tomas played around with in the studio video 6 months ago. Sounds great though! I wasn't a fan of the guitars on Koloss at all but everything seems much more organic this time around.

I'm surprised. I thought a new Meshuggah album ; produced by Tue Madsen would have interested a lot more people here. I've left Meshuggah aside since the two last albums but I'll jump on this one for sure and I think Madsen is the perfect choice.

I don´t care at all who´s the producer, mastering engineer or cable holder. But just like you do, I´m surprised there´s not much talking in here. Maybe because it´s just a super short teaser video "hey, there´s something coming somewhere in the next 12 months. We won´t tell what it is, but just so you know ... "
Anyway, curious to see what they worked on

I'm surprised. I thought a new Meshuggah album ; produced by Tue Madsen would have interested a lot more people here. I've left Meshuggah aside since the two last albums but I'll jump on this one for sure and I think Madsen is the perfect choice.

I'm 1000% on board with this. Meshuggah is one of favorite bands and Madsen one of favorite producers.

ooohhh shit where was stated that Tue Madsen is doing this album? Great for him, he totally deserves a band of this caliber now in this moment of his career. This is great news. As far as i know , they are working with real amps instead of the stock cubase amprack sims llike they did on Koloss. Being honest , Catch33 was the last thing that really got me, Obzen was ok , Koloss was ok too but idk , i'm really expecting this one to be a great album.
Jens voice in the 90's was one of the most devastating things ever and i think that's one of the key elements missing in recent albums. The dude is 50 years old now. His vocals are way different now, not in bad way but yeah, vocal chords are a motherfucker to maintain if you are screaming from your lungs like those years .

Last edited:
i liked Koloss the most. It´s not just brute force, but more musically evolved, if that´s the right expression to describe what I mean. Still with insane amounts of energy, of course, and it feels even heavier to me than a lot of the oldre material. obZen already went in the same direction, but didn´t strike me as much.

I found preety cool that one of the songs that i like the most on Koloss, Behind the sun, was written by Kidman. Great song. The drums on Koloss are real or Superior?

Yeah, Tue's already done that before in the same studio with The Haunted for "The Dead Eye" and this album sounds phenomenal! I can't wait to hear the result for Meshuggah :)

Engineered. He did not mix if I'm not wrong (even if the very short clip sounds like he did... hard to know with this tho).

Edit - He also mixed ;)

Last edited:
Awesome that they've recorded this live, they were insanely tight when I saw them at Download a few years ago so it doesn't surprise me that they can pull this off.

Not so fussed on the song, a bit too repetitive for me but I'm still looking forward to seeing what the album is like.