Meshuggah, Decapitated, Baroness - Tour Dates

jem777az

Bozzman
Sep 23, 2007
Peoria, AZ
I am as happy as a pig in shit that they are coming to the Marquee to headline. I cannot wait for this! :headbang:

Swedish masters of the extreme MESHUGGAH will be taking their sonic arsenal on the road and detonating sound systems in cities across the U.S. and Canada on "The Ophidian Trek", which launches on April 29 in Houston. Direct support for all 19 shows will come from BARONESS; opening each night will be special guests and Nuclear Blast labelmates DECAPITATED from Poland.

States MESHUGGAH drummer Tomas Haake: "We're really stoked to be coming back again!! A new album and two really awesome bands to join us on our trek across the U.S. and Canada!! There's one word that comes to mind: Sweeeet!!"

DECAPITATED guitarist/founding member Vogg adds: "FUCK YEAH! DECAPITATED with MESHUGGAH! We're so proud and happy to be part of this amazing tour! It will be a huge honor to share one stage with such a great fuckin' band! Cannot wait!"

"The Ophidian Trek" dates:

Apr. 29 - House of Blues - Houston, TX
Apr. 30 - House of Blues - Dallas, TX
May 01 - Emo’s - Austin, TX
May 03 - Marquee Theatre - Tempe, AZ
May 04 - House of Blues - Anaheim, CA
May 05 - House of Blues - Hollywood, CA
May 06 - The Fillmore - San Francisco, CA
May 08 - Commodore Ballroom - Vancouver, B.C., Canada
May 09 - Showbox Sodo - Seattle, WA
May 11 - Odgen Theatre - Denver, CO
May 13 - First Avenue - Minneapolis, MN
May 15 - House of Blues - Chicago, IL
May 16 - St. Andrews Hall - Detroit, MI
May 17 - Sound Academy - Toronto, ON, Canada
May 18 - Theatre of the Living Arts - Philadelphia, PA
May 19 - Palladium - Worcester, MA
May 20 - Olympia de Montreal - Montreal, QC, Canada
May 22 - The Fillmore - Silver Springs, MD
May 23 - Terminal 5 – New York, NY

MESHUGGAH's new album, "Koloss", will be released in Germany on March 23 and the rest of Europe on March 26 (March 27 in North America) as a CD digi, limited-edition Magic Cube (CD digi plus DVD exclusive to Nuclear Blast mail order) and two-LP brown vinyl via Nuclear Blast Records.

Nice. Baroness is the best live band in metal these days.

Seems like someone screwed up with Baroness and Opeth though; I think Baroness was supposed to be on the Mastodon tour, and Opeth was supposed to be with Meshuggah!

Neil

Really looking forward to this one. I haven't seen Baroness since their headline tour for the Red Album. I'm curious to see what their reception will be though.

But damn, there are a lot of shows in the span of a week in Chicago. Between this, Sabaton and Ragnarokkr. It's gonna be hard not to go to any of those.

Have you checked out The Blue Record, by Baroness? It's not as heavy as The Red Album, but it's way better and more original I think.

Also I don't want to sound redundant, but Decapitated is OPENING this tour fyi, OP. Baroness is direct support.

Have you checked out The Blue Record, by Baroness? It's not as heavy as The Red Album, but it's way better and more original I think.

Also I don't want to sound redundant, but Decapitated is OPENING this tour fyi, OP. Baroness is direct support.

I have all their stuff. I like the Blue Album, but just not as much as Red. I just thought Red flowed to perfection. I would agree though that Blue might have been a bit more creative/original though.

the ophidian whispered those who seek shall be rewarded....

a sonic declaration of spIte And resentMent
its resonAnce grinding to dust our souls
the twine of revenge tightLy strung
its subharmonics thE undoing of All

and for those who asK for my name? / dotcom

you're welcome :)

Seriously dude...of all the forums on the net, you register to post here & a bodybuilding forum?

Maybe 2 different members of the same street team; this guy was nice enough to bold the letters, not just capitalize them like the bodybuilding guy!

(spoiler alert: it looks like a guerrilla marketing campaign for the new Meshuggah album...I probably would have checked out a new song even if someone just posted a link, but making it all secret and mysterious *definitely* got me to listen!)

the ophidian whispered those who seek shall be rewarded....

a sonic declaration of spIte And resentMent
its resonAnce grinding to dust our souls
the twine of revenge tightLy strung
its subharmonics thE undoing of All

and for those who asK for my name? / dotcom

you're welcome :)

You could have at least posted the link!

http://iamaleak.com/

New Meshuggah song, an "intentional leak." Very sneaky.

Here's the link to the actual song. I couldn't get AS link to work.

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/gregoriev_suckalotsky/iamaleak/s-uC0hY[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Love this song BTW. OMFG I cannot wait for this to be released.

Word in the street is that Baroness will be booking a couple headlining shows on off dates/after the tour. At least, I know they'll be headlining in my town after the NY show...