Mess-TV

ranietz

After The Flesh
Jan 11, 2002
Norway
www.geocities.com
On norwegian TV there is a show called Mess-TV that goes on every night. I saw it last night and they talked about a dude named Lars from Borknagar who was in the show one night.
Is this true?
I happen to watch Mess-TV sometimes (I don't have a life), and if I missed the on time Lars was on I would be pretty pissed...

Well, this is actually true! I was on that show a couple of weeks ago, and the whole thing was a coincidence and kind of involuntary. Let me explain:

I have been working in the TV-business on and off for the last six years, and a few weeks ago I had a talk with one of my former colleagues, who is now the head of the Mess-TV-project. He needed help to gather the loose ends of the project, and we made a deal that I should help him write a detailed report about the concept and how it came about.

In order to write a report like that, I needed to observe one of the shows form behind the camera, and the night in question was meant for that exactly: observing. And that would have been all I did that night if the host of the show had come to the studio when he was supposed to. But he didn't (he overslept), so five minutes before we went on air, I was pushed in front of the camera instead.

So there you have it. All of a sudden I had to host a three hour live broadcast. Coincidences are interesting. It was fun, but nothing I'd consider doing on a regular basis. I enjoyed the black metal discussions, though. It seems every Norwegian metalhead was watching TVNorge that night.:lol:

Originally posted by TheRealLazare
It seems every Norwegian metalhead was watching TVNorge that night.:lol:

Err.... Not me. :mad:

Hey, why don't you send in a tape with a Borknagar video or live show. I think there is a lot of metalheads watching the show. Or is there some sort of copyright on musicvideos?

We once had Manowar in a comedy show... but then, the show got only worse than it normally was already! :puke: Plus it got even more mindless then. Other than that I cannot recall TV appearances of Metal bands on "regular" TV, what a dim golden light that must have cast on metal in public opinion... :eek: :D

hehe...yeah Ziu.....I remember that show. Though I don't like Manowar at all (*surprise*) I stayed up especially for that show because I felt I should see it :rolleyes:
In the end, the next morning in the office everybody made jokes about me being a Metalhead....

Hehehe, The Kovenant was on "normal" TV here once, on a teen program. I was so surprised when I saw that, I thought I eyes would fall out! LoL They got all sorts of weird questions, and also about their clothes, which they said that they had bought in a gay shop. (Bonaparte in Oslo) :lol: