Metal 2019

I'll most likely buy it anyway. Apparently the last album was a chore to write so hopefully this one was a bit easier. I still don't think they will recapture the magic they had with their old drummer.

Tbh I might buy it if it’s 9.99. They haven’t really kicked my ass since Twilight of the Thunder God, gotta echo @EspaDa there. They’ve had a few good songs here and there since but the last two really felt phoned in.

I really need to revisit their 99-04 output.

Tbh I might buy it if it’s 9.99. They haven’t really kicked my ass since Twilight of the Thunder God, gotta echo @EspaDa there. They’ve had a few good songs here and there since but the last two really felt phoned in.

I really need to revisit their 99-04 output.

I agree with you. Deceiver was alright but their last one was definitely their worst.

We need a poll for this band

If I were to make an album of their post-Twilight songs, this would look like as follows:

1. War of the Gods
2. Destroyer of the Universe
3. Slaves of Fear
4. Deceiver of the Gods
5. As Loke Falls
6. Father of the Wolf
7. First KIll
8. On a Sea of Blood
9. The Way of Vikings
10. At Dawn's First Light

These are basically the only tracks that are worth listening outside their respective albums. I often find myself bored to death while listening to e.g. Surtur Rising; there's too much mediocre, rehashed riffs and recycled ideas for me to digest it as a whole.

Last edited:
Beat me to it. Really liking the album art and they’re promising more 80s metal sounds. Can’t wait to hear a sample.

a0151955025_10.jpg

Sweeeet. Speaking of Sci-Fi metal there's a new Nucleus album I'm looking forward to. Also on Unspeakable Axe the Sadistic Ritual debut. I've heard most of the album and from what I recall it's gonna be slammin'. Definitely a good year in my books
nucleus.jpg visionairre of death.jpg

That Nucleus album art is gorgeous. I've saw their debut around before, whats it like?

Edit: Also @Phylactery looks like this one is ready to go very soon, preorders starting up now. HHR hasnt started yet though.

vargrav.png

Last edited:
Sorry, I mean I'd heard most of the Sad Rit album, not the Nucleus one. I'm not super familiar with Nucleus's work, but enough to know I dig it and will be checking it out. Just really solid sci-fi themed tech death. You can stream a lot of their stuff from the Unspeakable Axe bandcamp for free.

The Sad Rit album sounded to me kind of like sodom-inspired thrash but much darker with eerie leads and an almost blackened element at some points. Much darker than their last release.