Metal 2019

Nothing, but it's that old thing of pretending like it's some kind of brave or obscure position to take up in the current year to be against xenophobia and fascism, and then the absurdity of lumping Brexit in with those things all while pointlessly advertising this on your band page. Just reeks of faggotry.

Also the irony of exclaiming "tonight we are European" while opposing xenophobia and racism when the very concept of being European necessarily excludes others is kinda funny to me. Instead of "we are all humans" they chose to be Europeans, like some kind of NSBM band ranting about their Euro pride.

Funniest thing to me is to claim to be so "democratic", yet being against Brexit. It's like being against MAGA hat users. Oh, the tolerance.

They're obviously trying to reach to the new generation with that and it sucks. If they will be a political band, so be it, but if it's not the case, let that shit aside.

Funniest thing to me is to claim to be so "democratic", yet being against Brexit. It's like being against MAGA hat users. Oh, the tolerance.

there's nothing undemocratic about being against brexit, but the first paragraph of CiG's post echoes my thoughts pretty much

there's nothing undemocratic about being against brexit, but the first paragraph of CiG's post echoes my thoughts pretty much
Why not? Brexit was voted and that will should be respected. Being against Brexit is basically the same as being against people's will, which is the definition of Democracy. It's no different than Congress trying to sack an elected president just because they don't like it.

there's a difference between forcibly preventing something that was voted for democratically and just arguing against it though. surely it's possible to believe democracy is the best system of government while also thinking that the prevailing opinion of the time isn't infallible and can be subjected to counter-arguments even following a vote. especially in a case like brexit when a) the vote was extremely close, b) many people on both sides voted based on a lot of misinformation and lies, and c) the hindsight of knowing what a clusterfuck this would become might also have changed people's minds at the time.

there's a difference between forcibly preventing something that was voted for democratically and just arguing against it though. surely it's possible to believe democracy is the best system of government while also thinking that the prevailing opinion of the time isn't infallible and can be subjected to counter-arguments even following a vote. especially in a case like brexit when a) the vote was extremely close, b) many people on both sides voted based on a lot of misinformation and lies.
People can (and many times is) farily dumb, sure.

Being against Brexit in the same sentence than being against Fascism is just funny. The inclusion of the topic in such post makes it look like they are not just giving their opinion, it's more like advocating a certain ideology or taking a side, which is more serious, even if it's just talking about it.

This BEAST, pun intended, was released today and it slays!

788950.jpg