Metal 2019

Been too busy replaying the new Exhumed to give the new Toxic Holocaust a good listen, but the one time I went through it I thought it was fun.

New Exhumed isn’t what I expected at all. It’s pretty good though.

I listened to PF:2019 in its entirety on my way to work this morning and it’s good. Vocals and riffs are definitely there. There’s something kind of strange about the production though. Can’t place my finger on it but it causes the vocals to be a bit detached from the music imo.

What were you expecting? I was happy it had less melodic elements compared to Death Revenge.

Tbh I like it but not as much as Death Revenge.

It’s their shortest full length by far and it’s the first time on an album the songs are all grind length. I’m not sure anyone really expected that?

I didn't expect it I guess, I was assuming it would be more of the Death Revenge angle, but I'm very pleasantly surprised. Short, sweet and vicious as fuck, pretty thrashy too which is cool. They've taken things all the way back to their first 3 albums in a way.

Listen to VARGR, a never-before-heard project by the late Steeve Hurdle of Gorguts/Negativa!
BIG NEWS for all my dissonant minions! VARGR is a death/doom metal band created in 1997 by the dissonant guitar god, Big Steeve Hurdle (Purulence, Gorguts, Negativa) on the guitar and vocals, and Stephane Bélanger (Obliveon) on the drums & vox. The band was later reinforced by Stephane Picard on bass (Obliveon). The band entered the studio with their friend Mathieu Bérubé in March 1998 with 3 songs finished but VARGR disbanded due to the Steeve Hurdle’s health complications. Here is the official statement from the band’s mastermind, Stephane Bélanger:

“The EP – The Abduction will be released on PRC Music as a limited 300 CD copies edition. It will be released on December 20th and will be available on http://prcmusic.com exclusively for now... I am still searching for an opportunity to release it on vinyl...
The first single "Please Don't Hurt Me" is now available here:

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Reactions: Dak, CiG and -CC-
Sad what Lost Society has become, they showed a ton of potential with their first album, technicality and speed. They've settled to be like Black Label Society 2.0 or maybe A7X or Lazarus AD

vs

it's really night and day

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Wow amayzin!
yeah man cant wait to hear the rest of that album

images

Reactions: CiG