Metal 2021

The font is difficult to read, it looks like it's done by a 5 yr old in art class, they should really have cleaned that up. And the logo given that it's as much a brand as it is a name these days probably should be clearer but I don't mind the scuffed look of Eddie.

Btw, capitalizing on the occasion of Maiden releasing a new album soon, I have a question for you all: Gimme the top 5 best songs of IM after Dickinson made his return (years 2000-2015; from Brave New World to and including The Book of Souls). I'm really curious about your choices. Will prepare my own list later.

Btw, capitalizing on the occasion of Maiden releasing a new album soon, I have a question for you all: Gimme the top 5 best songs of IM after Dickinson made his return (years 2000-2015; from Brave New World to and including The Book of Souls). I'm really curious about your choices. Will prepare my own list later.

Something like this, but there around 10 songs that could go in the #5 slot:

1. Starblind
2. Ghost of the Navigator
3. The Thin Line Between Love and Hate
4. Paschendale
5. Out of the Silent Planet

Reactions: CiG and EspaDa
Something like this, but there around 10 songs that could go in the #5 slot:

1. Starblind
2. Ghost of the Navigator
3. The Thin Line Between Love and Hate
4. Paschendale
5. Out of the Silent Planet

I love Starblind, man! Such an underrated gem of a song off The Final Frontier, and they have never played it live. What a fucking shame. Paschendale is the best song on Dance of Death!

1. Empire Of The Clouds
2. Tears Of A Clown
3. Out Of The Planet
4. These Colours Don't Run
5. Paschendale

Reactions: CiG
Yeah I remember first thinking that a 20 min song was not going to be easy to listen too but I don't think I have ever skipped it.

I agree but it's funny seeing how many people on other sites and forums etc claim Maiden should go back to writing 3-4 hit singles. I'm sure there is room for songs like that on any Maiden CD but they do a really good job of telling stories and if that story takes 7 minutes or more that's fine they seem to do it well more often than not.

This announcement has made my day!

Finally, I'll also get to hear their so far heaviest song "Set the World on Fire" live (and another six songs which haven't been performed live before).

New Orbit Culture is pretty fucking catchy. I've never been too fond of the clean vocals (which sound like an angsty James Hetfield), but overall they write pretty cool shit--new song included:

Reactions: Evil Dead
168345544_4259891107395602_5529964399405944459_n.jpg

No new music to hear just yet but Count Raven are fucking back!

Also new Portrait:

And another new Nunslaughter track:

More stuff:

VOUNA is the project of multi-instrumentalist and composer Yianna Bekris. With her second full-length album “Atropos”, she unveils a towering and singular doom metal wonder in a unique visioning reminiscent of My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost, and Evoken.

Debut from a new Russian pagan black metal band with some really cool cover art:

a2976955977_10.jpg

Crazy French death metal featuring guys from Cadaveric Fumes, Hexecutor, ex-Necrowretch etc.

Last edited:
Edge.gif

@zabu of nΩd something for you maybe? ^

Also a new Sarke album soon:

SSR166_3000x3000-768x768.jpg
We are proud to finally be able to announce our long awaited 7th full-length, entitled “Allsighr”!

The album will be released worldwide via Soulseller Records on November 5th 2021. It was recorded by Børge Finstad and Kevin Kleiven at Top Room Studios, mixed by Lars Erik Westby at H-10 productions and mastered by Thomas Eberger at Stockholm Mastering. The artwork was created by Kjell Åge Meland.

On Allsighr we continue to exploit our unusual mix of 70`s rock, 80`s speed metal and 90`s black metal, resulting in an album full of heavy-rocking and groovy metal while not forgetting the unique psychedelic, doomy and dwelling passages. A monster of an album by a beast of a line-up!

Pre-orders for various cd and vinyl formats as well as a brand new track will follow early September.

Tracklist:

1. Bleak Reflections
2. Grim Awakening
3. Funeral Fire
4. Allsighr
5. Beheading Of The Circus Director
6. Through The Thorns
7. Glacial Casket
8. Sleep In Fear
9. The Reverberation of The Lost
10. Imprisoned

Line-up: