Metal 2023

It's not listed in the youtube description but the last track is a cover of My Tideless Seas and it kinda owns.

This whole thing seems pretty sick on a first impression, riffing style is notably distinct despite the clear influence and the vocals own. Probably not a "Grenadier" situation.

Update: This shit is going in regular rotation for sure. Great find.

Last edited:

someone likes the chasm lol

Unbelievable. I'm always disappointed by purportedly Chasm-influenced stuff because it always turns out to be some marginal influence on some boring overwritten techdeath that bludgeons you with so much detail you can't tell what the fuck is going on until the tenth listen. But this is exceptional. They're obviously trying to do the exact same thing as The Chasm but it zigs when you expect it to zag, figuratively speaking, and as a Chasm superfan it's fucking exhilarating to hear the same ideas spin off in exciting, new, equally organic directions. Still waiting for one of these songs to not kick ass but so far this shit's tighter than Gangs of London s01.

Who the fuck are these guys? They supposedly founded this band in '94, did fuck all for decades and then randomly surfaced in 2019 as a pretty explicit Chasm worship act?

Unbelievable. I'm always disappointed by purportedly Chasm-influenced stuff because it always turns out to be some marginal influence on some boring overwritten techdeath that bludgeons you with so much detail you can't tell what the fuck is going on until the tenth listen. But this is exceptional. They're obviously trying to do the exact same thing as The Chasm but it zigs when you expect it to zag, figuratively speaking, and as a Chasm superfan it's fucking exhilarating to hear the same ideas spin off in exciting, new, equally organic directions. Still waiting for one of these songs to not kick ass but so far this shit's tighter than Gangs of London s01.

Who the fuck are these guys? They supposedly founded this band in '94, did fuck all for decades and then randomly surfaced in 2019 as a pretty explicit Chasm worship act?
this isn't 2023 but i was also introduced to this the other day, from a former chasm + acerus member:

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
That's pretty good too. In contrast to the Lost Harvest, a lot of the riffs/rhythms sound like they could've been lifted verbatim off a Chasm album but that's by no means a bad thing.

a0103136376_10.jpg

Holy shit new Static Abyss album out in June.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Bloopy
Since I'm a power metal nerd and also Swedish I think it's kinda cool that three of the best europower releases of the year so far are from Swedish bands. Without further ado: Here, have some cheese!

I've been slacking hard on 2023 power metal, but Twilight Force are usually killer. I heard a tune from the new Galneryus album and it sounded good.

Don't Gloryhammer have new music out too?

Gloryhammer is next month I think. The ex lead singer, Thomas(?), has released his first album with Angus McSix or something like that though.

Tommy from Sabaton did a cover of You're The Voice recently

I only heard the first song released and I agree. There was apparently a big story to what he was doing in the film clip and the music was supposed to be telling some story according to what I read but none of that came across to me when I watched the clip.

New, self-titled Kalmah out on May 26th. Posted this in their official forum, but that place is dead as a doornail.

kalmah.jpg

01. Haunted by Guilt
02. Veil of Sin
03. Scarred by Sadness
04. No Words Sad Enough
05. Serve the Untrue
06. Home Sweet Hell
07. Tons of Chaos
08. Red and Black
09. Taken Before Given
10. Drifting in a Dream

Reactions: Evil Dead