Metal 2024

The fuck is wrong with the production on this new Acerus? Don't know enough about music production to explain it, but I nabbed the 320 kbps mp3 off of bandcamp and it feels like I'm listening to a low-bitrate stream of the album. Disappointing, the songwriting seems great.

Vorus has pretty much all the same members as Putred who released probably my favorite Death Metal album of last year. Style is a little different as Putred is a little more in the old, slower paced Obituary sewer rot style, but you can tell the same dudes are playing the guitars and writing the songs.

Reactions: CiG
The fuck is wrong with the production on this new Acerus? Don't know enough about music production to explain it, but I nabbed the 320 kbps mp3 off of bandcamp and it feels like I'm listening to a low-bitrate stream of the album. Disappointing, the songwriting seems great.
It does kinda sound like its EQ curve is a bit close to that of an overly compressed mp3. Still, it sounds alright to me. Reminds me of a lot of the NWOBHM-era stuff I've heard. But then again, most of that was on mp3 too, lol. Maybe they got exactly what they were going for. Though I've heard the suggested rule of thumb that bands should never master their own music as the 2nd opinion is too valuable.