Metal and Barbarism - the Conan-esque side of music

Arkhasil89

Hooded Misfit
Sep 27, 2021
São Paulo - Brazil
Okay, this is my first time posting, so bear with me here.

I was always enthralled by the swords & sorcery theme and since heavy metal is one of the great mediums for this specific brand of fantasy, there is a multitude of great bands with equally great artworks using the barbarian motif.
So this topic is for us to share and comment on some of these bands and arts.
I'm well aware of artists like Frank Frazetta and Ken Kelly and the like, since their art has been used multiple times and by many different bands.
Anyways, share your favorite barbarian and sword & sorcery / fantasy themed covers!

I'll start with one of my favorites, " None but the brave" by Portugal's Ironsword :

71ptqWs4GqL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

HA! i was just pondering what i call the epic side of metal this morning, when nearly soaring off listening to Blind Guardian. i can't think of any artwork off the bat (so going a bit off topic, sorry), but it does really resonate with me, it makes you feel so empowered, but i can't really put my finger on why exactly...

Reactions: Arkhasil89
not exactly conan, but definitly fantasy themed. you can say what you want about powerwolf, but their style is beautifully executed

ebay_1600_1600_jpeg.jpg

Reactions: Arkhasil89
HA! i was just pondering what i call the epic side of metal this morning, when nearly soaring off listening to Blind Guardian. i can't think of any artwork off the bat (so going a bit off topic, sorry), but it does really resonate with me, it makes you feel so empowered, but i can't really put my finger on why exactly...

Hey! There's no problem in going a little bit off topic.
Hell, I'm actually glad that somebody finally replied to this thread. hahaha