Metal based on literature

Qhwertt is based on Clark Ashton Smith's occult/horror shit.

Similarly, Fungoid Stream (of which Qhwertt is a side project) is based on Lovecraft.

i guess rhapsody would count, since they write their own stories.

but once again, blind guardian did it best with nightfall in middle earth. though i havnt read the sil yet.
~gR~

Authentic Metalhead said:
Is there any literature based on metal? (excluding biographies and the like)

And yes, well kinda, some ex Gorgoroth guy whote a book called Nasjonalsatanisten or National Satanist in English about a "fictional" band (Gorgoroth I assume). It wasn't really that good.

The Vampire Lestat is partly about Lestat being in a Metal band. :kickass:

Edit: Or is that Queen Of The Damned? Like it fucking matters...

cookiecutter said:
I like Von Unaussprechlichen Kulten by Nile is based on a Lovecraft book.

I'm sure I also like some black metal songs that are unbeknownst to me about Lord of the Rings:rolleyes:

There are stacks of songs out there with Lovecraftian influence that I love, even if it is just based on the lyrical content.

Authentic Metalhead said:
Is there any literature based on metal? (excluding biographies and the like)

Actually, some time ago, I remember reading about an upcoming novel which was a murder mystery based around a thrash band - alas, I can't remember the writer or name of the book - which may indicate that I could have dreamed it. :erk:

Ahab's "The Call of the Wretched Sea" in my opinion is the 2nd or 3rd best album of this year, of course being based on Moby Dick. Fantastic funeral doom from Germany!