Metal Camp 09

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
Anyone going this year? Come on, ppl!!! They don't have the lineup yet but I'm sure it will be pretty much the same as Wacken's. Have no interest in going to Wacken when Metal Camp is so awesome and an hour and a half away.

It would be cool if some of you decided to come. :)

I've already got tickets for Wacken and Bloodstock, so although I would very much like to go to Metal Camp... Three festivals in a year is a bit tough on my wallet.

i think 2 of the guys in my band are going to that and wacken but i just can't afford it, i sincerely doubt that i'll ever be able to afford to go to all these festivals unless my band becomes the next metallica and we play there or i win the lottery :lol:

I'm going just like last year!

its like 14hour drive but we don't give a fuck :rofl:

(oh but the line-up isnt so great yet, if you go to the forum of MC you'll find some names that are confirmed)
(Nightwish, Blind Guardian, Dimmu Borgir, Edguy, My Dying Bride, Vader, Graveworm, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Sodom, Kataklysm, Sonic Syndicate, Destruction, Equilibrium, Legion of the Damned, Hollenthon and Keep of Kalessin)

and i'm also going to Wacken (got a ticket, since its already sold out)

Seriously...I've seen just about every single band that plays at festivals these days, LITERALLY, and I go to MC for the atmosphere, relaxation, swimming in the river with all the naked chicks and camping and drinking with friends. The concerts tend to take a backseat to everything else. Plus, a 7 day ticket for like 130 euros? How awesome is that?

It's organized extremely well, there are hot and cold showers, literally about a hundred toilets cleaned twice daily, plenty of food, plenty of activities around Tolmin, REAL CEVAPCICI, a side stage for all the up-and-coming bands (which you should try to get on Azal!), a pretty good metal market, and really nice people. It's kind of a tradition for me to go; I've gone to every single one since the first. Highly recommended if you want to have a good time overall.

buy my passport and airfare and i'm there

Will, a passport shouldn't be more than 50 bucks or so...just get it way ahead of time because they tend to fuck things up or wait till the last minute.

As far as airfare, you'd be surprised at the deals you'll probably find this summer. If you can get to anywhere in northern Italy fairly cheap like Trieste or Venice, you're set man because it's only a couple of hours from there driving.

If you don't relish the idea of driving in a foreign country for the first time not knowing where the hell you're going, Metal Camp has a bus that will pick you up from the Ljubliana (sp?) airport and will bring you back after the festival as well so you can catch your flight. Just contact them on the site and make a reservation. Tell them when you'll be arriving in Ljubliana and they'll come get you. If I'm not mistaken, they have a bus that picks people up from several airports. It's not a bad price if I remember correctly.

Seriously...I've seen just about every single band that plays at festivals these days, LITERALLY, and I go to MC for the atmosphere, relaxation, swimming in the river with all the naked chicks and camping and drinking with friends. The concerts tend to take a backseat to everything else. Plus, a 7 day ticket for like 130 euros? How awesome is that?

It's organized extremely well, there are hot and cold showers, literally about a hundred toilets cleaned twice daily, plenty of food, plenty of activities around Tolmin, REAL CEVAPCICI, a side stage for all the up-and-coming bands (which you should try to get on Azal!), a pretty good metal market, and really nice people. It's kind of a tradition for me to go; I've gone to every single one since the first. Highly recommended if you want to have a good time overall.

Will there be titty?

Yes.

Seriously, there will be. Every night at the beach bar there are strippers, not to mention the hot chicks walking nude/half-nude around the beach.

[ame]http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=lIZi2XGA94c[/ame]