Metal Church release sample with Howe......

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
So Metal Church released this the other day. They redid "Badlands"...it seems to be lacking some power behind it like the original has...Howe still sounds good.

Last edited by a moderator:
musically this isn't good...sounds like any band covering the classic. howe sounds decent and you can hear some of the studio fixes. i hope the record isn't too fixed though (read: everything ripper owens sings on)

Well I guess I'm still excited and I thought the track was really good. But I've been wanting this reunion to happen for years now. And I'm just happy Howe still sounds this great. So bring on the new album (and tour?).

Not surprised music is lackluster. Their last album that came out last year or so was pretty weak I thought. Bringing him in isn't gonna change that.

Mike was my favorite Metal Church singer, well still is. Yes this track is a little weak but it should be put into perspective; cannot compare this to the original recording for starters because there was a budget behind that album (that needs to be re-mastered).
This kind of reminds me of that version of '19 and Life' that started floating around a few months back with Tony Harnill on vox, it was ok but....
I'm sure a new Metal Church with Howe is going to kick ass, this track only shows that there is potential.