Metal dealing with LOVE RELATED DEPRESSION and GRIEF.

Carcassian said:
Eternity is my personal Anathema fave, though I'm aware I'm possibly the only person on Earth to think so.
i've heard that the vocal performance is much rougher around the edges though no less emotional. it saddens me that anathema didn't stick with the style they used for these albums even though i do sometimes enjoy the newer stuff. they wrote some real honest stuff that really hits the note with me. Judgement may just be one of my all-time favs even if the band isn't.

I know exactly what you mean. Much as I like their doom/death period, I really loved the band from The Silent Enigma through Alternative 4, tailing away with Judgement - but after that - meh.

Someone should tell the Cavanagh brothers that no huge amount of mainstream rock fans are ever going to buy albums from an ex-metal band.

Carcassian said:
I know exactly what you mean. Much as I like their doom/death period, I really loved the band from The Silent Enigma through Alternative 4, tailing away with Judgement - but after that - meh.

Someone should tell the Cavanagh brothers that no huge amount of mainstream rock fans are ever going to buy albums from an ex-metal band.

i don't think that they were trying so much to appeal to the british mainstream
as it was that they started to naturally incorporate more of their mainstream influences into their music like say radiohead or something. what you listen to for music can definetely make an impact on the type of music you create. i don't think the sell-out factor came into play at all.

anger
The Red Chord- 16 bit fingerprint
Norther- Fuck you (title explains it all)
Woods of Ypres- Dragged accross a forest floor
CoB- You're better off dead
Decapitated- Spheres of madness

Depression/grief
Woods of Ypres- The ghosts of summer's past (perfect)
Woods of Ypres- The will to give
oh hell all of WoY
40 below summer- monday song (if u have a problem with it fuck off....unless u r erik)
All that remains- Tattered on my sleeve
As I Lay Dying- The Darkest Nights

well lyrics have a big role in what i listen to, but those are what i always listen to when im sad or angry