Metal For The Brain Cancelled!

After what happened at M-One at Sydney (when 115 or so people were injured) I can't say I'm really surprised. It's a sad state of affairs.

I wasnt going, but it still sucks. After all that organising and everything :(

That was exaggerated though Spiffy, 99 percent of that was people suffering dehydration/headaches etc. the only people actually suffering broken bones or whatever were the drunks that were brawling in the alcohol area :D (Thats what it said in the paper today anyway!)

Bloody lawyers, this is all their fault you know! :mad:

Ah, well I only look at the headlines :)

But in this day and age people who get a headache at a gig can probably sue the organisers for not providing proper shading and stuff anyway. You can't do anything anymore without worrying about being taken to court.

That's exactly why this has happened. Litigation for greed & waiving of personal responsibility!

The M-1 gig... HA! - yobbo's fighting 'cause Billy Idol didn't do a Chisel cover! :rolleyes:

Yes, that was also a generalisation in the vein of the generalisation of us metalheads by the insurance companies. See my point? :mad:

Kind of sucky that there has not been a single claim or problem in the entire 10 years the festival has been going and what's more, it's a benefit concert... and these dickwad insurance companies don't even take that into consideration... :mad:

Originally posted by Cooperman
Fucking hell!!! I book NON-REFUNDABLE air tickets to go to Canberra from Perth and now this. :mad:

Sue all the insurance companys for plane ticket costs and mental anguish becuase they all decided to pull of of insuring m4tb ;)

That'll learn em :)

Have you ever seen anyone have huge fucking psychotic outburst in the middle of a cd store over a gig being cancelled?? If you were at impact records 15 minutes ago you would have, I yelled and shit,and so did the guy behind the counter, everyone loked at us,but we didn't care,fuck no,we're pissed off.

The one day a year my life revolves around, is fucking gone, I hate it so fucking much.

I have lost all faith in humanity,and thus am going to start culling off people as I see fit. Watch the news tommorow people.If i don't calm soon No doubt You'll see me on it.

this country has gone to shit.officially.
:mad: and thats not one of :mad smileys i use at spiffy either,this ones fuckin serious.

...although I guess I'm glad I'm not in Black Steel. That's two years now they've been screwed over. Last year it was the Ansett collapse and they couldn't get across.

Could they set up a show in Canberra or Melbourne perhaps to at least try and make some money back?

I have no idea spawny. Time will tell I guess.

I just read that Destruction are still performing in Canberra on Nov 9, but it will be just a regular show ie 18+ ...if that happens I guess it won't be so bad.

Originally posted by Koichi
If you were at impact records 15 minutes ago you would have, I yelled and shit,and so did the guy behind the counter [/B]

I went to impact this arvo, saw the poster and was very fucking disappointed. Its a sad sad fucking world

This is what you get for not bringing Scourge over. If you had, I would have gone, and none of this would have happened :D

This is not the time to make flippant remarks spawny. We can't just shrug and go "Oh well." Not this time. We always talk and rave on about how strong metal is. Now it's time to show it. Everyone on this board needs to write to every TV station, radio station, national newspaper (I'm talking "Sydney Morning Herald" and "The Australian" here, not some sensationalist daily tabloid rag), and politician they can get access to. If these companies can insure travesties like the Big Gay Out and Limpid, they can take a chance on this. No one has EVER been seriously injured at MFTB ever. EVER. This is the safest mass music event in Australia. If BDO got canned for insurance reasons, you'd never hear the end of it! Someone actually got killed there, and they'll still let it go ahead. Let's unite like we always reckon we do and get this in people's faces like a loaded gun.

Fucking hell!!! I book NON-REFUNDABLE air tickets to go to Canberra from Perth and now this. :mad:

Coops, can you get the date on the tickets changed? Maybe if it's postponed then you can go then instead.