Metal GOD Businessman?!

Imp! said:
I wonder how Udo's voice is doing, haven't heard a live recording in quite some time, anybody know if he's thrashed his voice yet?

I saw them live in February and he was great. How can you even tell if Udo has thrashed his voice anyway? :lol:

SoundMaster said:
Speaking of old gods, anyone hear the miserable Dio performance on the "Holy Diver Live" set? I'm afraid our old gods are nearing their last days of dominance.

First Ozzy, now Rob and Ronnie. Might Bruce be next? :cry:

I'm always reading in reviews how "great," Ronnie still sounds. But you're right. He still sounds like RJD, but the real magic is gone. It was all about the expressive, dizzying highs with him....and that's gone. Same with Rob.

I'm holding out hope for Bruce though...hehe. I saw them last year on Ozzfest, and I swear it he sounded fantastic. He sang the high, high parts on the chorus of Run to the Hills, which he doesn't even do on Beast Over Hammersmith - all those years ago. I think Bruce can make a go of it for awhile yet.

tsorl said:
How can you even tell if Udo has thrashed his voice anyway? :lol:

c040.gif

:oops: sorry Bryant...

NP: Judas Priest - 'Worth Fighting For'

ElectricWiz said:
I'm always reading in reviews how "great," Ronnie still sounds. But you're right. He still sounds like RJD, but the real magic is gone. It was all about the expressive, dizzying highs with him....and that's gone. Same with Rob.
Well I have to disagree. Ronnie still has that special magic in him IMO, with or without "highs".
The best proof to me would be when he starts singing "Don't Talk to Strangers", that beautiful intro you know. It sends shivers down my spine every time since he still sings it with an unmatchable emotion, even in 2006.
Same goes for "Children of the Sea", "Last in Line", etc.

His vocal range might not be as powerful as it once was, but the Dio magic has never left in my opinion.

good for Rob.. smart business move to take control of your copyrights etc.. hopefully when he is not able to make music anymore he can release the new generation of metal band's music under his company.. as for Ozzy.. he is more of a entertainer then singer... his vocals on his songs arent difficult..not high pitched like Halfords etc..