Metal Guy on American Idol

poundingmetal74

Demons Will Fly
Oct 18, 2004
Canada, eh
www.finalstage.ca
I've heard whispers from friends about this "Metal Guy" on American Idol. As usual, I figured it was a joke, but holy hell does this guy ever have some pipes (his voice sounds very reminiscent of Mike Metijevic). Here's him doing a Judas Priest cover. Check the screams at 1:05 and at the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great voice indeed !!!
Judges were very positive (for what's that worth off course), here's the full video;

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSAs15y7Mjw&feature=watch_response[/ame]

^
Wow great voice!

Jan Thore Grefstad (Saint Deamon, Ex-Highland Glory) is attending at this year's "Norway's got talent". Here's his audition from yesterdays show singing "The voice within" by Christina Aguilera
(01.35)

Last edited by a moderator:
^
Wow great voice!

Jan Thore Grefstad (Saint Deamon, Ex-Highland Glory) is attending at this year's "Norway's got talent".

Yes he has a good voice I got both Highland Glory albums, now they've got a female singer let's see how it works on the new one.

I never watch American Idol and the one time I do watch it this guy is on. That's perfect timing. I hope he goes far. I haven't watched it since then. I suspect they'll make him sing a ballad next or something. Don't they have to show all sides of their talents by singing in different styles? I doubt he'll do another metal tune.

I think he will do a metal song next .. that Uglyleera song prolly is classified as a ballad. Unless he gets something really cheezy as his next song. But yeah, he can wail and he shut that blonde bitch up.

A standing ovation for a priest song on American Idol, I never thought I would see that happen!! Nice job Mr. Durban aka The Metal Guy on AI.

It would be cool if there are updates on the progress of Jan Thore Grefstad on "Norway's Got Talent" also.

anyone feel like these sorta television shows were crying out for someone to break the mould?

I know I was, lol. My wife always watches these shows so I get hooked in at some point. Although I did not watch one AI the previous season.

Always hope that there will be some Metal/Rocker that will will pop up. It seems some of the shows in Europe have more of that going on. Wasn't there a guy from Findland? Sweeden? 2 years ago did a good job & ended up in a legit band I believe.

AI is usually watered down, Too many older R&B or safe classic rock or ballads.

Just my 2 cents.............

I hate to sound like a snob, but if he's on American Idol he's SUPPOSED to sound like that. I think the best singers of ANY genre are the ones with training, even classical training. Most of the guys on American Idol have awesome voices and would sound great singing a lot of classic metal, but they choose the pop music. Thank God they finally let someone switch it up a little

I mean, think about the best metal singers, they'd ROCK American Idol! Harry Conklin from Jag Panzer was classically trained and if he was on American Idol he'd be the first winner

I mean, think about the best metal singers, they'd ROCK American Idol! Harry Conklin from Jag Panzer was classically trained and if he was on American Idol he'd be the first winner

That would have been amazing! Ryan Seacreast announces(sp) "and here is Harry Conklin singing "Beyond The realms of death" LOL.. :kickass: