Metal Indians Bootleg???

jafo_72

New Metal Member
Sep 12, 2003
Australia
Visit site
I bought "Anthrax - Metal Indians" Years ago just blew the dust of it to have a listen and realized it must be a bootleg! (its not the best quality)

Its a live recording taken in Milan, Italy and New Jersey USA.

The cover is just a pic of a stone wall or something to that effect and the text on the cover looks like it was written with a magic marker.
I would add a scanned copy of the cover but i'm not sure how to.

It was released 1993 by Robespierre Records. Italy

If you want any more info i will add track list etc if needed

Anybody seen or heard of it before?

Reactions: GASOLINEDREAM
i dusted of this CD again and remembered posting the above,,, but forgot my log in detailsa nd my email has changed so its me asking again....

what is this?

Yes, I've got this bootleg.

Basically it boils down to this: In the 80's and early 90's, laws in Italy regarding the sale and distribution of bootleg recordings were REALLY lax, as in loopholes up the ying yang. Therefore it was quite common to find bootleg shows in big mainstream record stores, packaged and sold like legitimate releases.

Most of these (usually soundboard recordings) we're made in Italy and distributed throughout Europe. They're quite hard to come by now due to restrictions in European laws, etc. But still worth buying if you bump into one.

The best part about these bootlegs is that the cover artwork and titles are usually HORRIBLE, cheesy affairs with little or no relation to the band's image. You know, skulls, bad Gothic logos, and always at least three typos in song names (I even have one from a show in France called "Antrax: The Art of Cannibalism"(sic)).

Go figure.

The one you're talking about is a split show as you mentioned and the last 3 songs (if I remember correctly) are from a completely different tour (SOE).

Jesus shat bricks i remember this! I picked it up on holiday in France with my folks about 13 years ago. I'll have to look in my loft for it as i can remember loving it at the time!!!