Metal Machine mixtest

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Jan 31, 2010
Cambs, UK
www.numbskullaudio.com

After a thread I started complaining about ride issues in other Toontrack libraries, so many of you recommended this that I just had to buy it. By far the best Toontrack library, right out the box it sounds ridiculous.

This is all mixed 'in the box' with no external plug-ins or samples, purely in the SD2 mixer.

Last edited by a moderator:
My kind of metal style, reminds me of early Trivium.

What chain is the guitars and bass if you dont mind me asking?

PRS Torero > Little Labs Redeye 3D > Focusrite Pro40 > TS808 sim > LeCto > blend of 2 impulses
That's for the left guitar anyway. The right was exactly the same, but no TS, and into TSE X50.

Also I've had a couple of questions about the preset for this. I'll upload it later on today.

sounds awesome dude! I'm very curious with what u've done using only the SD2 mixer so yea the preset would be nice :worship: cheerss

Ok, so... from the sound of it I can tell with my super golden ears of doom that ,its catharsis Impulses and Metallica Sadbuttrue IR from Tonevampire :Spam: :danceboy:

Thanks for sharing man. Very simple processing but sounds really awesome! Love the toms in this kit. The only thing I'm missing is some parallel comp on kick and snare to keep them even more in your face :kickass:

Ughh ! Fucking soundcloud. something is seriously wrong with that site. Cant get it to play in any brower. Anyways can you maybe put it in a dropbox file?

I had the same problem : put it in the user preset folder, as Mattayus said, and you'll find it in the user preset menu ;)

PRS Torero > Little Labs Redeye 3D > Focusrite Pro40 > TS808 sim > LeCto > blend of 2 impulses
That's for the left guitar anyway. The right was exactly the same, but no TS, and into TSE X50.

Also I've had a couple of questions about the preset for this. I'll upload it later on today.
Sounds sick, and these types of tones really make me think that I'm not getting my desired results just going direct into my interface, and that I really, really need a DI box.....