Metal mix. Dont be nice.

Wb dude.

First of all the levels are all messed up. Drums are crazy loud. Like, crazy loud. At a level that I can hear the guitars, the drums are fatiguing the shit out of my ears.

So that's probably the first thing.

Repost after uve done that and u might get some responses..

yea i kinda figured that, im just wondering what drums are too loud? like snare, kick, cymbals, toms? i know the snare is really loud. and i kinda feel like the kick is too. should i turn them both down and leave the cymbals as is?

Kick is way too loud, and the EQ on it sucks

Snare could come down a tiny bit.

Cymbals could come way down.

Where is the bass?

mother eff that kick is so loud.

I can't hear guitar or bass, hard pan guitars L100 R100, and center the bass, and boost the instruments up a LOT, then we can talk about actual mixing, because the mix isn't good.

Ha. Dude, rip his asshole out a bit more. Ur right, but he obviously needs a lot of help..

so wierd. im mixing on old rokit 5s and i can hear everything pretty well. i know the kick is loud but i can hear the guitars and bass really well from here.

Still seems really quiet, but more evenly quiet. Kick has too much click, and the bass guitar and subs/low end of the kick are completely not there. Snare needs more top end too, more crack. Everything sounds like its got a 400thk concrete slab over it..

What sort of process are u going through with each instrument. Tell us that and we can see what's going on. Still a long way to go. But it's a good learning experience.

well with the snare im using the slate hybrid for some depth to it and snare 12a for the crack. kick is kick ten obviously. boosted in a retarded manner. i know the click is too high and ive taken measure to fix that. ummm, i have podfarm running for my guitars and for my bass. im not sure i understand your question well enough though. the bass is really focused in the sub range but i dont know if i like it. i have this issue where i cant seem to fit the bass and the guitar together. where it sounds like a bass track and two guitar tracks and i want it to sorta just sound like really big guitar. idk. help?

also, i program the drums in fl studio on the piano roll and id like to get away from that. i just havnt figured out how to do it in cubase. any solutions?

Man the guitars sound so boxxy, they need to be completely reamped, I don't think any amount of EQing will fix it. Just start from scratch! The drums in general are EQed nicely enough I guess, but the kick drum sounds totally opposite to my taste, and the crash cymbal slightly panned to the right bugs me a little. The bass guitar has no life, and despite everyone sort of jokingly taking the piss out of bass guitarists, it's actually probably the most important aspect in filling out a mix if you ask me. Give it some mid, and reduce its low end because it's stealing the mix as opposed to adding to it

If ur using pod farm u can just tweak with the vst. Assuming u haven't rendered it or whatever. What's ur pod farm preset look like?

Typical Tubescreamer->Amp->parametric eq->impulses?

Noise gate, ts, tread plate, tread plate cab with condenser, modern pre, eq, no impulses. Not really on the up and up on them. Bass I can't fucking get. I also have a shit bass. But the guitar I use is an 89 charvel 650 xl. So it's not shit.

I don't get Charvel's. They just look like shit to me.

Read the impulse FAQ on here of there is one. There's a really nice free VST called voxengo boogex that u can load impulses into. Then just bypass the cab in pod farm (u can leave ur eq and pre on). Or just load another instance of PFarm after boogex and do ur cleanup out there.

External impulses are head and shoulders above the pod farm ones.

Guitarampmodeling.com is a great resource for info and presets too.