Metal Opera??

karpsmom

May 25, 2005
New Jersey, USA
Mr. V said this in an interview I'm reading from a few years back, is it a dead idea?

"We're also going to hire a choir for that. I'm going to be working on something we call a metal opera, but it's not opera in this kind of Avantasia style; not at all. There's a theme running through the entire album lyric-wise. The music is connected, likewise. We have 30 people of the Norwegian "elite" of metal are going to be on it. I've written the lyrics and music to that one. But it's kind of a long-term project. Everybody has their bands going on tour, so..."

http://www.maelstrom.nu/ezine/interview_iss10_94.php

karpsmom said:
Mr. V said this in an interview I'm reading from a few years back, is it a dead idea?

"We're also going to hire a choir for that. I'm going to be working on something we call a metal opera, but it's not opera in this kind of Avantasia style; not at all. There's a theme running through the entire album lyric-wise. The music is connected, likewise. We have 30 people of the Norwegian "elite" of metal are going to be on it. I've written the lyrics and music to that one. But it's kind of a long-term project. Everybody has their bands going on tour, so..."

http://www.maelstrom.nu/ezine/interview_iss10_94.php

It kind of fell apart..it would have taken so lon to complete it as the musicians that was supposed to be on have like 200 bands and projects..hehehe..in the good old scandinavian tradition.

mr V

of course not! maybe 30 session musicians that play different instruments and have different voices, but they would not perform at one time.

Thidrek said:
of course not! maybe 30 session musicians that play different instruments and have different voices, but they would not perform at one time.

oh.
Like Ayreon. yeah, that would work.

Vintersorg said:
It kind of fell apart..it would have taken so lon to complete it as the musicians that was supposed to be on have like 200 bands and projects..hehehe..in the good old scandinavian tradition.

mr V

Darn! It would have been awesome!

Too bad...

Well, if it's of some consolidation to you, Christofer Johnsson from Therion is writing an opera, but a classical one, not metal...

I don't know at what stage is it now, but if/when he finishes it I bet it'll be a blast!

I hope Mr V have the time to do it. I'm sure that will kick a lot of asses.... Mr V have a great mind.

I wanna know if there are some guys confirmed or who will be involved on it to get some idea of the different voices and styles will be part of it.

Vintersorg said:

mr V

Read what Mr V said about it falling apart my friend..

just for the heck of it let me dream:
Mike Akerfeldt
Dan Swano
Aesgir
Steve
Lazare
Andy Winter
Carl August Tidemann
Sverd
Yngwie
Liv Christine
and so on and so forth!

PS. you all know im just fooling around

well he said 30 musicians so i let my imagination flow lol, but i was too tired to make up a whole list

rammpeth said:
Mike Akerfeldt
Dan Swano
Aesgir
Steve
Lazare
Andy Winter
Carl August Tidemann
Sverd
Yngwie
Liv Christine
and so on and so forth!

good list! Just gotta add, Garm, Simen, Hellhammer, Cornelius, and Mattias!

Originally Posted by rammpeth
Mike Akerfeldt
Dan Swano
Aesgir
Steve
Lazare
Andy Winter
Carl August Tidemann
Sverd
Yngwie
Liv Christine
and so on and so forth!

karpsmom said:
good list! Just gotta add, Garm, Simen, Hellhammer, Cornelius, and Mattias!

Yngwie so wouldnt fit in there, specially if the project is actually "creative"! But Garm and Mr V together would be pretty awesome.