Metal Revolution magazine Interview and review (Greece)

Hm, there is diffirent mastering? I didn't know that. Could you say us now, Dustin, if you find any diffirences in the sound?

There is indeed a difference, but I think only the real audiophiles or anyone playing them back-to-back will notice it. I had to do that myself to hear the differance. :p

To my ears, I think the European version is much hotter in mastering, and thicker on the guitars, and the drums sound much better than in the original mix. I'm not sure what they did in mastering, but it definately kicked it up a notch! The only draw back is that it sounds like Lynn's vocals are a bit buried and both him and the drums seem to have lost the stereo mix somehow. At least, that is how it sounded to me.

The U.S. version is probably a bit more modest in mastering; everything is louder, thicker and heaver than the original mix but not TOO loud or thick... all the insturmentation stands out really well on it too., you can hear what evey drum, bass and guitar note is doing. I think the only drawback here, is that it still sounds a bit "tinny and thin" on the guitars, but that's how it sounded in the mix phase. Curtis likes that Andy Larouqe "Them"-guitar tone for some reason.... :rolleyes:

It's hard to choose which I like better though, both bring a different aspect to the sound we have, be it balls-out heavy, or intricate and melodic.
:cool:

The only draw back is that it sounds like Lynn's vocals are a bit buried and both him and the drums seem to have lost the stereo mix somehow. At least, that is how it sounded to me.

Yeap, I have also noticed that Lynn's vocals are a little buried. At first I was disappointed with the sound, but the problem was not so big after 4 or 5 listens of the album. At the other hand, the guitars sound amazing. I don't have the american version to make comparisons, but I am very satisfied with the powerful guitar sound that has the european one.

Anyway, I think that the the production is the only negative thing that I find in "Hymns of Dissension". The songs are more catchy and addictive, especially "Lies And Illusions", "Apologetic Heart" and "Do Feelings Remain" and the traditional KV songs are of high quality too. Very good release, I am not sure at this time if I like it more than "The Rising Anger", but it is a step forward for the band. Congratulations again! :headbang:

Yeap, I have also noticed that Lynn's vocals are a little buried. At first I was disappointed with the sound, but the problem was not so big after 4 or 5 listens of the album. At the other hand, the guitars sound amazing. I don't have the american version to make comparisons, but I am very satisfied with the powerful guitar sound that has the european one.

Anyway, I think that the the production is the only negative thing that I find in "Hymns of Dissension". The songs are more catchy and addictive, especially "Lies And Illusions", "Apologetic Heart" and "Do Feelings Remain" and the traditional KV songs are of high quality too. Very good release, I am not sure at this time if I like it more than "The Rising Anger", but it is a step forward for the band. Congratulations again! :headbang:

Ah, excellent - Thanks for the feedback Orfanos!!!
:kickass: :headbang:

you are one of the few that truely undstands our music. :cool: