Metal Scene In Costa Rica

I know this isn't help full at all but my buddy lives in Miami and there's a vast Costa Rican population there and he says that alot of them love metal and go to shows all the time.So at least you know they like it as for having big international bands there I really dought it but they might have a small underground scene. you never know!!!!!!!!!!!

Alot more are getting into metal.. im Costa Rican but born and raised in NY.. i just came back from CR this past October... went to a metal store to buy a CD.. place was busy as hell... and that shop sold mostly extreme metal CD's then anything else... wasn't like that when i first started going to visit my family for vacations 5 years ago... so just a matter time before it will be more noticeable...

There's a metal scene in Costa Rica but struggles a lot and seldom keeps together (bands I mean) for long period of time. Also there's a tendency to copy mainstream sub-genres (black, power, goth) and many try to sing in English which actually diminish the originality IMO.

From the bands I can testify they're good (to my taste) are Slavon, Mandragora and Trauma. Don't know they're actual status tho'. You can check maybe at M-A for more info.

As UM mentioned most metal on the stores is mainstream extreme stuff, not much interesting to buy locally (for me), so I get stuff online from US.

Many bands have toured through our borders: Rata Blanca, Helloween, Dark Tranquility, Hammerfall, Avalanch, Masterplan, Marduk, Gamma Ray, Sepultura, Misfits

NP: Sabaton - 'Panzer Battalion'