Metal Show and an Appeal

Thor Intrepid

Aug 14, 2002
Orlando
www.archaicreign.com
ANGRA, EDGUY Among Artists Confirmed For Florida's THE POWER OF METAL 1 Festival - Oct. 3, 2002

ANGRA, EDGUY, SEVEN WITCHES, ROB ROCK and SILENT FORCE have been confirmed to appear at The Power of Metal 1 festival, scheduled to take place on November 18th at Tabu Nightclub in Orlando, Florida.
The Power of Metal 1 festival marks the second U.S. appearance of ANGRA and EDGUY, following their U.S. debut at the ProgPower III festival at Earthlink Live in Atlanta, Georgia on November 15-16.

Due to the overwhelming demand at ProgPower III in Atlanta, Georgia and the fact that so many people couldn't get tickets, The Power of Metal 1 festival promoters felt that they needed to give metal fans a second opportunity. They also felt the need to bring their love for this type of music to the fans that support and love it too. They chose to hold this festival the same week as ProgPower III exactly for that reason — so that all metal music lovers out there could take advantage of the rare chance to see some of these bands play in the U.S. twice within the same week.

Susan Elder, The Power of Metal 1 festival promoter stated: "We hope that the fans of these METAL GODS that couldn't make it to ProgPower III in Atlanta, Georgia, will get a chance to come to The Power of Metal 1 festival in Orlando, Florida and have a blast!!!"

The Power of Metal 1 festival is being sponsored by Mars Music Center in Orlando. Florida.

For more information, visit the festival's official web site at www.powerofmetal1.com

Now here's the appeal. I am trying to get my band Ezra Stone onto this bill as it is in our home town. We will go on at any time and want nothing in return! We just really need the exposure that this gig would give us (It is kind of wierd in Orlando as people aren't aware that this type of music even exists!). All that I am asking is that a few of you drop them a line at powerofmetal1@aol.com and request Ezra Stone.

I hate begging, but I am just trying to spread the word.

Thanks for the consideration!

Originally posted by Thor Intrepid

They chose to hold this festival the same week as ProgPower III exactly for that reason — so that all metal music lovers out there could take advantage of the rare chance to see some of these bands play in the U.S. twice within the same week.

ooooh...aaaahhh....

What logic is that? Surely most people are likely to make a second domestic trip the following weekend than go direct from Atlanta to Orlando and skip work on Monday (and most likely Tuesday)!

And who's going to fly internationally to Orlando for a Monday night gig? It's not even a metropolis.

This is just retarted and annoying!!!!!

And who's going to fly internationally to Orlando for a Monday night gig? It's not even a metropolis.

Location aside, it is rather silly that it was announced so close to the actual show date. Even if the international visitors wanted to hop a flight down there, I'm betting most of them already have their tix to Atlanta. And we all know how easy airlines make it to change reservations... :)

The idea for the show isn't a bad one. The timing could have been better (I would have seriously thought about going to it the weekend following PPUSA).

Ah, well... Live and learn, I suppose. I still hope it does well enough to try again next year. We need more metal festivals in the US, and especially in the South. :)

--Mike