ProgPower USA announces special guest

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
PROGPOWER USA III FESTIVAL SELLS OUT IN LESS THAN ONE WEEK

ATLANTA – ProgPower USA III, the two-day metal festival taking place this November in Atlanta, has officially sold-out in less than six days.

Tickets were sold to 41 states and several countries including Brazil, Japan, Thailand, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the Dominican Republic, France, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Mexico, Honduras, and Canada.

ProgPower USA III marks the U.S. debut of such worldwide acclaimed acts as Blind Guardian (Germany), Gamma Ray (Germany), Angra (Brazil), Edguy (Germany), and Threshold (UK). Other bands on the roster include Pain of Salvation (Sweden), Devin Townsend (Canada), Silent Force (U.S./Germany), Zero Hour (U.S.), and Reading Zero (U.S.).

“I’m thrilled with how fast the tickets sold this year,” said festival organizer Glenn Harveston. “I believe the fans have spoken on the type of show they want to see and I intend to deliver that each and every time out. I have a long way to go before ProgPower USA becomes Ozzfest Jr., but with the help of companies like Guitar Center, I sure as hell plan to give it my best shot.”

Harveston has also just announced a special guest for the weekend: Jon Schaffer of Iced Earth will be joining ProgPower for the entire weekend and will be available to meet the fans on both nights. Fans can also expect a few more special guests to be added before the show.

“I am looking forward to seeing how the festival is run and what the turn out will be,” said Schaffer. “It will be cool to talk and hang with the fans for a while.”

In other ProgPower USA news, fans can now visit the website and download new videos from last year’s show including Symphony X’s performance of “Egypt.” Please visit www.progpowerusa.com for full details.

ProgPower USA, an international affiliate of ProgPower Europe located in the Netherlands, was created to attract the top names in both the progressive and power metal genres. The first event was held at a small bar in Lansing, Ill., in February 2001 and featured the first U.S. appearance of Pain of Salvation. Due to popular demand, a second event was held in November 2001 and featured the most unique progressive and power metal roster in the States to date (Symphony X, Kamelot, ARK, Evergrey, Angel Dust, Spiral Architect, plus others).

ProgPower USA III is sponsored by Guitar Center in Marietta, Ga.

Debbie Sellnow
Mazur Public Relations
P.O. Box 2425
Trenton, NJ 08607-2425

Tel: (609) 695-1800
Fax: (609) 695-8860

AIM: MazurPRDeb

www.mazurpr.com

*hyperventilating*

Demons & Wizards..

Oh please, god, I know I don't pray often or believe in you but please. Just please let Demons & Wizards play at least one song.

Glenn-

Two words... you f**king rock. Oops, that was three. Oh well.

IE is one of my two favorite bands. I would rather meet Schaffer than anyone else who is going to be there. Even if if there's isn't some sort of D&W show, meeting Jon would be very cool.

GZ

I bet Jon'll join BG on stage to play Welcome to Dying. It's his favorite BG song as far as I know (they played it on the Demons and Wizards tour), and it'd be too awesome. Then they'll go into a Demons and Wizards song. :)

OHMYGOD!! :eek:
When I saw this the first time -- I seriously FREAKED!!
I Looooooooooooooooove BG, but oh dear good God -- I have been saying since PP 3.0 how bad I would want even just ONE Demons & Wizards song this year. I heard BG would be at PP 4.0 and I flipped -- I figured I could use my charm ;) to convince them to play a song or two -- KIDDING-- But now -- YAY!! A dream come true...
I really Really REALLY hope they do a D&W song!!
Fiddler on the Green AND ... Heaven Denies?!?!
:) I'm not gonna sleep for three freakin' months!! lol...