Metal Song (kinda proggy)

albertroc

New Metal Member
Dec 11, 2012
Madrid
Hey guys, I've been reading and learning tons of things thanks to this forum, and because of that I've gone all the way from noob to semi-noob in this mixing thing :D
This is one of the new songs that I've written-recorded with my band.
What do you think about it? Song and Mix wise :)
Thx!

Last edited by a moderator:
The song is pretty sweet.. My only thing would be to try to "humanize" the drums and keyboards a little be more they just sound a little too programmed. But other than that solid song and solid mix.

Your song is good and I like the guitar tones, they feel energetic where as your drums do not.

I think the drums sound as though they have been mixed for an extreme metal song/band, ie close mic, tons of compression, where as I don't think this song needs that type of production on the drums - not to my ears at least. I would have more overheads and room mic in your drum mix to give it life because the drums dont match the guitars in terms of energy. OK so changing the drums to sound more rock might not make this song sound as heavy but, to my ears and my opinion this needs more life in the drums. I also agree that the piano sounds very programed too. What drum sampling softwear did you use?