Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
With a whopping 63% of the vote, Lemmy is the next to be booted of the planet. If the Hell's Angels didn't want him, why would the rest of the planet.

So now it comes down to the final two contestants. Both were major influences on the metal scene in the 80's, making Anthrax and Megadeth two of the big metal acts in their day. But now, only one of them will remain on the planet.

Who should be voted off and why?

My vote went to Scott Ian. I once had "State of euphoria" and liked it, but then sold it (and I haven't really felt like buying it again). The stuff I've heard from that "White noise" or whatever it's called was pretty good, but I've just recently bought "Among the living" & "Spreading the disease" and they're major crappiola!!! The song "Indians" has a good start, but then just goes into crap like every other song on those two records! They all sound the same; Start in midtempo and go like that for around 30 seconds to 1 min. and then go fast. All the riffs suck (except the one mentioned), the tempo is the same through the entire record and it's basically just a pile of crap IMO!!!
Megadeth on the other I like better. I haven't heard their first album, I've never really liked "Peace sells", "So far..." has a couple of good songs and "Rust in peace" is one of the only thrash albums I would still consider putting on! "Countdown to extinction" is also a great album! I had "Youthanasia" once and thought it was pretty good, but haven't really considered getting it once again. I borrowed "Cryptic writings" once and it was actually alright, but not really something I'd run out and buy. I haven't heard the rest of their stuff, but all in all I prefer Megadeth to Anthrax anytime!

Bye Bye scotty. Dave was one of the original founding forefathers of thrash, So its good bye scott;)

Originally posted by Board
My vote went to Scott Ian. I once had "State of euphoria" and liked it, but then sold it (and I haven't really felt like buying it again). The stuff I've heard from that "White noise" or whatever it's called was pretty good, but I've just recently bought "Among the living" & "Spreading the disease" and they're major crappiola!!! The song "Indians" has a good start, but then just goes into crap like every other song on those two records! They all sound the same; Start in midtempo and go like that for around 30 seconds to 1 min. and then go fast. All the riffs suck (except the one mentioned), the tempo is the same through the entire record and it's basically just a pile of crap IMO!!!
I thought the older stuff was alright, but nothing beyond ordinary. However, Sound of White Noise and the last two albums (Stomp 442 and Volume 8 - The Threat is Real) are great albums, some of my all-time favorites.

I stayed away from Megadeth for the longest time, because I always hated how much Dave whined about getting kicked out of Metallica and used to diss them all the time (of course, that's back before they became Selloutica). I've been more open to Megadeth more recently, but it still doesn't touch the new Anthrax IMO.

Dave gets my vote.

It must be Scott. Not only because Dave is the more influential and talented musician and songwriter, but at least Dave put Megadeth out of its misery...albeit after a few horrible irrelevant albums, but AT LEAST its over...Anthrax just keeps on sucking. I am, by the way a fan of old Joey era Anthrax...

Not if you've checked the recent news on the Megadeth website that not only is there an album of live tunes and previously released stuff coming out, but Dave says that his hand is healing and that we haven't "seen the last of Megadeth". So much for retirement.

Okay, so you're right there, BUT - even with that, Scott Ian versus Dave Mustaine? Its hardly a contest...we're talking Holy Wars, Peace Sells, here...

Originally posted by NeXTLiFE
Now the big dilemma...to vote for a member of one of my favourite bands of all time, or to vote for a member of the band that produced one of my favourite albums of all time.:confused:

Goin' with Rust In Peace.

Sorry Scott. :wave:

p.s. fun poll Naf, what's next?

I've been voting for Scott Ian all along, since there were like 8 guys to choose from. My reason is the same, I still have no idea who the fuck he is, I just like voting for him now.

Originally posted by Wandrail
Okay, so you're right there, BUT - even with that, Scott Ian versus Dave Mustaine? Its hardly a contest...we're talking Holy Wars, Peace Sells, here...

Amen. From Peace Sells through to Youthanasia we're talking quality. Anthrax have always been on the outskirts, the 'Deth have almost always been right smack bang in the middle.

I'm gonna put 5 Magics on and listen to Marty wailing.... :headbang: