Metal Thrashing Mad

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
Just watched this vid from Chile (you mad bastards!!!!) and had to post it. Greatness.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow talk about a Moshpit, looks like another sinkhole's about to form in Chile.

I'm too old to mosh anymore, last time I was in a pit was for Motorhead 3 years ago and I was sore for 3 days. That's awesome though.

I don't know if that's true, you can't deny ANTHRAX has definately gained momentum this time around. They do have to release a strong album to make shure their popularity will keep rising again though and they seem to know it.

I am not saying they will return to playing arena's but there's more in store for them than what they hadin the late 90's and early 00's.

even if the new Anthrax-album is gonna sell a million copies and Anthrax is doing arena shows Johnnie will still say that the Bush years were 100 times better and 1000 times more successful and every time Joey enters the stage in a club 1000 people scream "John Bush!!!"

even if the new Anthrax-album is gonna sell a million copies and Anthrax is doing arena shows Johnnie will still say that the Bush years were 100 times better and 1000 times more successful and every time Joey enters the stage in a club 1000 people scream "John Bush!!!"

I don't think Johnnie or anybody has (please correct me if I'm wrong) said that the Bush years were more succesful. Lots of people do say that they think the Bush years were better, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that, it's just different tastes.

1) it's not gonna sell a million copies, neither are they gonna play arenas, face the facts

2) better? yes, successful? I never said that (even though that SOWN has probably been the most "successful" Anthrax album, but I don't know the exact numbers)

3) I actually find it funny how you mulletheads can even think that with return of Joey, Anthrax will be all of a sudden outselling Metallica. The fact is they play the same venues for the same amount of people like ten years ago, we can only argue that there were 50 more people in xx and 40 less in yy, but all and all - nothing changes. The crowd reacts just fine, just like every time no matter who was singing. And at Sonisphere it was the lamest crowd I've ever seen on Anthrax show. Still pretty decent though, but it was not even comparable with 2004 in Cz.

And at Sonisphere it was the lamest crowd I've ever seen on Anthrax show. Still pretty decent though, but it was not even comparable with 2004 in Cz.
the Sonisphere-crowd was no Anthrax-crowd and you know it, 80 % came there to see Metallica, still Anthrax got good reactions. i have never been a mullethead but i wish i had still hair:lol:.

Joey is still in Thrax and it looks like we get to hear him on the next album, get over it Johnnie. i have to admit a change of hairstyle wouldn't be a mistake in Joey's case (and in yours).

I don't know if that's true, you can't deny ANTHRAX has definately gained momentum this time around. They do have to release a strong album to make shure their popularity will keep rising again though and they seem to know it.

I am not saying they will return to playing arena's but there's more in store for them than what they hadin the late 90's and early 00's.

Hard to say for sure. They are playing support to bigger draw bands and the crowds are reacting well. The real test will be a new CD and what tour they can do next.

I will say this in defense of Jonnie's point, crowd reaction always seems better on bigger tours for them. When you see club footage of the Bush era the crowd is never as good as festival footage. This is a good thing for them though. I don't think this line up (or the bush line up) would be gaining the traction they are if they were doing their own tour. I remember thinking the Slipknot tour was going to bring them into the lime light again but this tour is certainly doing them well.

the Sonisphere-crowd was no Anthrax-crowd and you know it, 80 % came there to see Metallica, still Anthrax got good reactions. i have never been a mullethead but i wish i had still hair:lol:.

Joey is still in Thrax and it looks like we get to hear him on the next album, get over it Johnnie. i have to admit a change of hairstyle wouldn't be a mistake in Joey's case (and in yours).

I'm not sure this is thier crowd either but they seem to be winning them over.

Yeah, a hair cut couldn't hurt. I think he's the last guy with the half mic stand as well.

I'm not sure this is thier crowd either but they seem to be winning them over.

Yeah, a hair cut couldn't hurt. I think he's the last guy with the half mic stand as well.

I think the mic stand rules, he should keep it, it's a tademark, ANTHRAX is not gonna be a young "relevant" act anymore they've been there, done that. Now they better should concentrate on their strenghts and put out kickass music. "Relevant" is something very shortlasting, the "Nu" metal acts of the 90's look stupid now too, how long til they are a "nostalgia" act too?

That's what I mean.... there's bands that age with dignity too like AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Testament, Sodom, Slayer and so on. I hope ANTHRAX will join those bands in a few years.

That's what I mean.... there's bands that age with dignity too like AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Testament, Sodom, Slayer and so on. I hope ANTHRAX will join those bands in a few years.

It is much too late for that. Once they put out Volume 8, Stomp, and WCFYA they decided to not stay with those other bands you mentioned. They decided to try and change to be more 'relevent' but it backfired on them. I don't know that Anthrax will ever be able to regain their credibility as a thrash metal band. But they can at least get back to it and put out a few more kick ass albums before its all over with.