metalcore/36 Crazyfists esque band

Vocalist got some Corey Taylor vibe in his voice when singing imo...doesnt sound bad at all!
the snare gets burried sometimes i think
sounds good so far!

I dig it man, it has a really nice depth/width to it, and everything is sitting really nicely balance wise. Guitars still podfarm? There's a bit much in the upper midrange of the guitars and they could use some filling out down below, just for overall beef I suppose.

Love the midrange in this mix. But the problem of having so much midrange it´s to have also some things buried like the snare. But with some eq on snare and if needed automation you can fix that. But it´s a great mix.

Btw the band has myspace? I really like the music.

definitely agree on the snare - this one is getting squished by the mastering, something I dont usually have a problem with. flipping the polarity on the OH's seemed to help a bit, but after mastering its going down again.

The photo's look a bit deceptive, the snare is pretty close to center on them. That said I did go more for capturing the cymbals rather than the whole kit. micing the toms a bit further away like in those photos helped too I think.

I need to reamp still - hopefully that will give me a bit more room in the midrange to let the snare poke through.

Sounds good. What band is this?
The hihat is somewhat odd to me. But other than that i can't think of anything.
Great job!

Also, listened to your mixes on your myspace. The one named Lecarla sounds really good! Love the drumsound on that one. Great work!

really like the vocals and the guitars. not sure about the drums. to my ears they get a little burried. esp. snare.

but overall this is very very good!

Sounding good so far Ed. Agreed with felix about the Hats, v piercing and not sitting as well as the overheads! Toms are sounding great too. I don't know if its the whole mix, or just the drums, but I'm hearing it and wanting it to have a bit more punch. Could be the the guitars are too middy for the drum mix? Snare would do with popping out a bit more, its v soft when the whole song is going.

but yer dude :headbang:

just uploaded a new version with reamped guitars. only 2 tracks atm.

5150 and mesa cab with TS, 1 sm57 sneap esque position.

im not 100% on this mix still, i think i can get a better general balance of things. what do you think of the tone?

hopefully the snare isnt so buried now :)

and cheers for the comments guys, tried sorting the hats a bit but they are sounding weird still.....

Might just be me, but I think the guitars could come up in places, sounds good though! Drums are immense!

Might just be me, but I think the guitars could come up in places

indeed

as far as i remember the old guitars i think these ones are a lot better now, even if a tad more high end wouldnt bad at all i think...a bit muffled now imo

also the snare doesnt get burried by now, but its a bit dry i think

kick ass stuff :headbang: