MetalCore Mix (My band)

Kevin Hawke

MetalKnuckles
Feb 15, 2016
Hi all !! This is my first post.
I've recently encountered with this forum and I was very happy that something like this exists.

So anyway, I have a band called Devorate, and this is one of our songs:

I'd really appreciate if you guys can try and mix it (you'll sure do it better than me..)

Raw Recordings:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3q6smd3zx5euy4g/Devorate - No Longer Sane (Raw Tracks).rar?dl=0

MIDI Drums - GM mapping.

Since the drums are in a midi format , here are a few notes about the Tempo:
The Tempo in the beginning is 60bpm for 8.5 bars.
Then the drums come in and its 158bpm for 123.75 bars (if I'm not mistaken).
Then it's 75bpm for 5/8 bars (where the clean guitar enters again for two seconds),
and then it returns to 158bpm for the rest of the song.

By the way, we are still finishing our first album these days, we already have 6 recorded demos, and there will be at least 6 more in the near future. I try different mix techniques in every song we record, but still haven't got the right tune we desire.
Not all songs are Metal-Core like this one, we have Groove / Melodeath / and quiet (kinda rock) songs as well.
You may find two more demo songs at our YouTube channel if you'd like :)

Cheers.:headbang:

heres my go at the song
im digging it

if you like it id deffo like to help do the rest for/with you (drop me a message)

Wow very nice, you've changed lot's of stuff, gave us some ides. Thanks!! Which guitar plugin did you use btw?

For the guitars I used good old TSE X30, TSE Tubescreamer before that and a blend of my own impulses of an Engl 4x12 with V30's.
Glad I could give you some external input :)